Wednesday, June 7, 2006

WOW--6 entries in one week

That's amazing.  I usually do good to get one a week!
Last week (I think) we went to Dollywood for the first time this season.  Last year was the first time we had had season passes in years, and we decided to get them again this year.  Along with that came some "bring a friend for free" passes, so my parents got to go with us.  The first couple of hours was drizzly rain, and we began to wonder if we'd made a mistake, but thankfully, the sun came out soon, and we had such a fun day. 
Has anyone ever experienced the Dizzy Disk?  All last year I kept begging someone in my family to ride it with me--secretly a little glad no one took me up on it.  I wanted to ride it, but was afraid I would regret it.  So, this year, I throw it out again, knowing I'm wasting my breath.  Well...wouldn't you know my MOTHER says, "I'll go!"  Briana  decided she'd give it a shot, too.  I wish I had a picture of the whole ride, so you could see it.  It's this long bowl shape.  There is a round disk that everyone sits on, and the disk spins and slides back and forth along this bowl shaped track.  It was so *awesome*.  The first time (yes, we rode it twice) I laughed so hard the whole time I couldn't breathe.  I never got sick or scared, but it was a doozy. 

This is James and Marissa on this thing where you pull yourself up to the top, then "freefall" (very slowly) back down. 
Briana, Marissa, Ashley, and Daniella on the kid's rollercoater.
The teacups.

This is the Dizzy Disk.  That is me in the yellow and orange shirt, laughing hysterically.  Briana is to the left with the hair flying, and my mother is to the left in the red shirt at the top left of the picture.  They're laughing pretty hysterically themselves.  We're supposed to go back next week with my sister and her girls.  I can't wait to get her on it!


No comments:

Post a Comment