Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I Hate Thinking of Titles!

I'm really no good at it.  I erased 3 different things before the final one.  It was probably the best.  : )
I would say last week was busy, but that really is nothing new, for me or anyone else, I think.  Last Monday, I took Marissa to a friend's birthday party.  She had a fun time.  They tie-dyed shirts, raced on stick horses, caught fireflies, ate hotdogs, and made s'mores.  I had a nice visit with one of the moms.  It was a late night, though.  We didn't leave until 11:00 pm. 
Thursday James and I took Marissa and Daniella to a new children's science museum that opened up here called Wonderworks.  They let Sevier County residents go free last week.  It was pretty neat, but I never would have paid regular ticket prices for it.  Wow.  It would have been $60 for the 4 of us to go.  Ashley went to lunch and to the pool with a friend. 
Friday and this Monday, I spent most of the day clothes shopping.  Ugh.  Very frustrating.  Ashley went with me on Friday.  We had gone by the church for a while, then went to lunch and shopping.  It was a nice day with her.  We don't get those often enough. 
Briana has been gone to musical theater/dance camp for a week and a half.  It is at the Cumberland County Playhouse, about 2 hours from here.  My parents live there, so she stays with them--has fun and gets some spoilin'.  It is a full hard day of camp, 9:00-4:30 every day for 2 weeks.  She takes some pretty rigorous classes, ending with a 2 hour pointe class every day.  Basically when she gets home she just collapses for the rest of the day.  We are all very excited because we are going over tomorrow.  We all miss her a ton.  The good part is that she misses us just as much.  : ) 
We will be at my mom's house for a week, which will be nice.  They live on a small lake and it is so peaceful.  I'm really looking forward to the break.  Friday we will all go to see Briana's class performances, but the rest of the time is just kicking back.  James will do some work while we're there on a fixer upper house he bought to resale, and he and my dad will go play golf.  He only plays about once or twice a year, so I am glad when he can go.  On the 4th, we will go over to the big lake for fireworks, then usually, later that night, a family on my parent's small lake do a display.  That one is actually our favorite.  We go sit out on the dock and have a private show.  It's so cool. 
This was a really random entry, hitting the highlights of the past week, but then again, it's been a really random week.  By the way, did I mention that I was excited because I get to go see Briana tomorrow?  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment