Friday, August 31, 2007

I Am Just Too Cute (Smirk)

The other day I was putting Daniella's (age 6) hair up.  She gave me one of her adoring, loving smiles, and very seriously, said, "Mama, I think you're cute even when you're hair is freaky."  
That, friends, is true devotion, 'cause let me tell you, some days it can be quite freaky.  Her statement still makes me smile.  It's become my favorite quote this week. 
Daniella at the creek on a hike with her daddy.

   Here's a clip I had wanted to show in the spring, and never got to it.  For some reason our computer won't let us post the video straight to here, so we had to link.  This is my 2nd oldest, Briana, doing the graduating senior father/daughter dance with her dad at the spring ballet recital.  Their moves were kind of limited, because the other dad had just had surgery or been sick (I forget), and he couldn't do much lifting.  It was still sweet and teary.  Briana and James are on the left.  And, no, my husband is not normally a dancer, but he has danced with his girls in 4 performances of the party scene in the Nutcracker.  He's a good dad!
Senior Father/Daughter Dance
Wasn't that sweet? 
   We're off to Dollywood for the afternoon.  Monday the Slidewinder closes for the season, and they've only ridden it once this year.  (horrors)  Hopefully, the holiday crowds won't be here yet, and all the other kids are in school.  So, maybe it won't be very croweded.  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment