Wednesday, September 12, 2007

County Fair

First of all, I'd like to thank Carol for giving me this sweet award.  I appreciate my blogging friends SO much (especially those of you who leave comments. HAHA!! ----Umm, Annemarie.)  Really, I have met so many nice people here, and learned so many great things. 
I also want to mention really quickly that Marissa and I are going to Gatlinburg next Sunday, and spending 2 nights.  We'll walk the parkway window shopping, play putt-putt, swim in the indoor pool, eat too much junk, and have a nice mother/daughter weekend.  I took both of my older girls the fall they each turned ten, and Marissa has been counting the days.  The older ones and I have also rented a cabin a few times over the years, and had our own little retreats.  I'm really looking forward to this weekend with Marissa. 
Last week we went to the county fair.  This is the first time we've been in about 6 or 7 years.  Actually, it's only about the 4th time we've been since we moved here 17 years ago.  When I was growing up, the fair was one thing you didn't miss.  We have lots of fun memories from our childhoods at the fair.  We had a fun night.  I tackled one too many rides myself, though.  I should have stayed off the Himalaya.  Oh, my!  I was so sore the next day, I could barely walk.  Briana and I both had bruised backbones.  However, I rode The Roundup, and that was so FUN.  That was my favorite ride as a teen.  Briana rode it with me, too.  It was the first time she'd ever ridden it, and we had fun giggling together!  : ) 
This is a photo I found off the internet.  If you've never seen this ride before, it goes up almost completely vertical, and it spins really fast! 
James, Ashley, and Marissa entered some photos in the fair this year, and Marissa also entered 2 pictures she created. 
This is Marissa's watercolor, which placed 2nd.  It doesn't show up as well in the picture, but it is so bright and colorful, I had already framed it and had it hanging in the hall outside the kitchen.

This is her dolphin/sunset drawing that placed 3rd. 
Ashley placed 3rd with this photo.


James placed first with this photo.  (I think they were in 2 different catagories.)

Here are a few more shots from our night at the fair.

 I'm not sure what was so funny on those motorcycles above!

They had a blast on the Fun Slide.  They rode it over and over and over.
Look at their faces in this next picture.

Letitia

No comments:

Post a Comment