Friday, May 15, 2009

Busy Times and Big Changes

One time I said on here that life was swirly.  Well swirly has hit again!  What a week this has been.  Many good things, some nerve wracking things.  (is wracking with or without a "w"?
Wednesday was Marissa's 12th birthday!  Happy Birthday, beautiful daughter!  Unfortunately, I don't have time to do pictures today, but I will get them up for her next week.  The day before, for her family "party" we went bowling, and had a fun time.  Briana was here for 3 days, so she got to go with us, and it was hilarious and fun for us all.  On Wed. afternoon (her bday), my parents came, and we had cake and gifts.  Briana went back home with them Wed. night. 
The nerve wracking excitement comes in with Briana.  She is ummmm.....getting to know a guy.   : )  Since she lives away from home, we are having to do a spin on courtship.  Actually, at this point, we don't know if it will progress to anything more than friends.  She is not sure how she feels, but is interested.  I teasingly call it "not-dating".  ; )  They are in the same musical right now, and they talk a lot there.  The past 2  weeks, they have been on 2 not-dates.  LOL.  After one of their shows, they have been out to an early, in the daylight, she takes her own car dinner just as friends.  They have both said they just want to get to know each other better and see. 
James and I have done an awful LOT of praying over this.   Despite some obvious obstacles (one of which is that he wants to move back to NYC), we feel like God is in on it, even if they never progress past friends.  If this works out, it will be a God-thing.  The prayers that were answered to a T, make it obvious that God was involved.  Anyway, that's all I can say for now. 
We are on our way back to see her once again this afternoon. : )  Of course, I love seeing her.  I'm excited to be going to see her in Shenandoah again tonight for the 3rd time.  Tomorrow night, Briana, Ashley, my mom, and I are going back to the same theater to see Smoke on the Mountain, which is said to be a wonderful show.  Her not-date friend is one of the main characters, plus we just want to see it.  On Sunday, Briana will get to come back home with us for 5 days. 
I'd better finish packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment