Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Reason For My Quietness

I know I have been absent much lately.  That is because much has been on my mind and heavy on my heart.  A couple of people have asked if I am sleeping better.  No.  I did sleep almost 6 hours last night.  There have been only 4 nights out of the last 12 that I have slept more than 3 or 4 hours.  On those 4 nights, it has not been longer than 6 hours.  I know the reason is probably stress, although, I don't feel stressed when I wake up after only 2 or 3 hours of sleep.  Another possibility is the Lord is waking me up to pray.  I have prayed a tremendous amount during these long nights, and the Lord has shown me things concerning that which is stressing. 
I am asking you, as my friends in Christ, to please stand and pray with me.  You see, I don't need prayer for sleep, or for anything for myself.  We need prayer for a spiritual battle that the enemy is fighting.  This is a battle involving one of my daughters.  NO!  it is not a battle for her, but a battle for a friend of hers.  God has called our daughter to be a light and a witness.  This friend is in a very legalistic church, and we KNOW, with no doubts, that God has put this friend in her life, and that satan wants to keep that friend in this legalism.  In one respect, it is about our daughter, too, in that she needs to be covered in the full armor, so that she is not swayed in any way by this friend's words.  I can't go into many details, but this an urgent prayer.  The outcome has many important consequences. 
She will be meeting with her friend for a Bible study for the first time tomorrow morning at 10:00 am central time.  She is not sure she feels prepared.  As I prayed for her last night, and asked God to help her, I was struggling with feeling like this was too big for my little girl.  Immediately, God gave me the picture of David and Goliath.  He was a young boy (much younger than my daughter, I'm sure) facing a huge enemy.  But, David knew that he did not need to fear, because God was with him, God was fighting this battle, and all David had to do was show up and obey.  Next, Gideon came to my mind. God continually reduced his army until it looked impossible.  Again, God fought the battle using willing, obedient, and trusting hearts.  God wanted the glory for Himself, not the army. 
God has been preparing us for this.....James, our daughter, and me.  We have watched him AMAZINGLY answer prayer after prayer and answer question after question in this so far.  He has made it clear for over a week now, in several different ways,  that He is in this, and that He has a plan.  Then on Monday, THREE times throughout the day, God brought the same verse before my eyes from 3 very different and random places....."For God has not given you a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline".  When a verse comes at you 3 times in that short of a period, God wants you to take notice.  Also, this friend told her Monday, that they had been in a dry place spiritually, but that over the last week or so they had realized some things that were not right, and had made some big changes.  They told her that she was the reason for this....that it was nothing in particular that she had done, but just who she was, and watching her walk with Christ.  God is working. 
So, our daughter just found out about this Thurs. morning Bible study late last night.  That does not give her much time to prepare to learn something about what this friend believes, and to be able to pray and search for answers.  Only a few hours today.  Therefore, we need the LORD to go before her, to continue to pave the way, to open this friend's heart to the truth, to give our daughter a spirit of power, love, and gentle boldness, to be able to continue to just be the person she is, who has already made an impact, and to be able to hear the spirit whisper to her what to say.  We fully believe this friend is a Christian, but is in bondage to some legalistic beliefs. 
I know without the details, that it is hard to understand why we feel so strongly that this is a spiritual battle, and, perhaps it is just my mother's heart over reacting, but would you please pray?

No comments:

Post a Comment