Monday, September 1, 2008

Fun In the Sun



Thank you to those who have been praying for me.  I can tell someone is.  After Tues - Thurs last week of feeling overwhelmingly sad and crying all day, I began to feel peace and get mostly back to normal.  Sunday was very hard going to church without Briana.  It's some of those little routine things that you find yourself missing.  Of course, I still miss her so much, but it is much better.  I know prayers and God's grace are the reason. 
Now on to the vacation!
You know by now that I am a pictureholic.  Believe it or not, I took some out.  I just want to post them and share them all! 

 The view from our balcony
The first 2 days were double red flags, which meant no one could go in the water. 
They were fun to sit in at the shore, though.
Now that's relaxing~
James and the older girls played their traditional game of beach frisbee.  You have to stand wherever you catch it or wherever it lands.
The unofficial object of the game over the last couple of years seems to have become to put Ashley in the water.

Building castles and memories
Oldest and youngest
Playing games on the balcony
The third day the water was amazingly, deceivingly calm~and gorgeous!
I say deceiving because we found out later that there was actually a red flag still out, even though there were few waves.  The undertow was horrific.  When we were out, we did not let go of our children.  It would sweep you out fast.  In fact, there were 2 little girls out there without parents, and I ended up saving one of them as she was being pulled out.  She was already up to her chest and couldn't stop. 

One day we surprised Ashley and Briana by letting them do this for the first time~
Yep~that's the two of them.  They had a blast, and I want to go next time!

Pizza on the beach at night.  Ahhhh......I love it.

Oh, my goodness!  I don't even know how many trips that I made back to the buffet.   The only other thing that ever made it to my plate was clam strips!

Fun girls~best friends
Flying a kite~


This is the view we saw of these 2 most of the week~especially Daniella.  If I believed in them, I would say she was part mermaid. 

A sea slug~  according to a local, they are not normally seen up at the shore, but this year they are everywhere.

We did decide to rent a pontoon boat again....only because there was 0% chance of rain this time!  We had a really great day!
We rode around, and made a couple of different stop at Shell Island, which is part of the State Park, so it's undeveloped and beautiful.

We stopped at a place where it is narrower, and you can walk from the bay side over to the gulf side.

See that little shallow area this side of the sandbar?
HAHA~ that's what we did for a half hour or more.  We didn't want to leave.  It sounds silly, I guess, but that was tons of fun.  Adventurous, too.  We encountered one jellyfish (no stings) and a big crab while we were there.
And then, there were the gorgeous sunsets most every night.

Ashley took this one of Briana

Two nights it was perfectly clear, and we watched the huge orange, gorgeous ball drop into the water.



And before we knew it, it was time to turn around and come home. 
I love my family and sweet times together.



No comments:

Post a Comment