Saturday, September 20, 2008

God Gave Me a Dolphin

Back when we were at the beach in August, we were sitting out on the balcony one morning eating breakfast.  The waves were non-existent.  We began to see dolphin surfacing everywhere.  There were at least 12-15 of them swimming around for hours.   I made the statement that when you go to marine shows, they always say that the jumps that the dolphins perform are natural behaviors, yet I've never seen them do anything like that in the wild.  I've been to the beach many, many times, and seen lots of dolphin. 
 Late in the morning, while James took Marissa to pick up her airbrush shirt, Daniella and I went to sit out on the beach.   As we sat near the water's edge, this is what we were treated to.


Two of them playing
I was so excited to say the least.  I was like a little child, "Did you see that?!!!!"  I was squealing.  I wanted to run to the condo to tell Ashley and Briana, but didn't want to miss another jump.  After just a minute, they had spotted them, too, though, and came out to the deck to watch.   I just can't even describe to you how excited I was.  LOL. 
The next day, I was having kind of a hard morning.  One of my sweet little precious gifts had a very not sweet, bad attitude for 2 days.  I was feeling frustrated, and went out to sit on the beach alone for a short time.   As I sat there, I watched a tremendous school of fish right at the shore, jumping everywhere.  We had been watching them all morning, and it was an incredible sight.  As they jumped, the seagulls were having a feast.  As I sat there watching, I wondered why those fish didn't have an instinct to quit jumping.  Why didn't they swim deeper?  God gave animals instincts to protect themselves.  What happened to these fish?  Very clearly and gently, God spoke to me.  "This is the way I feed the birds."  Such peace washed over me.  And, then, just as gently, just as clearly, He said, "And, I gave you the dolphins playing to show you how much I love you."
Again, I can't describe it to you.  But, this time it was such love and peace.  It was a hug from the Lord like I had never experienced before.  It was a precious time.  I sat in the sand and tears rolled down my face, as I felt a tremendous love.  He knows our needs, He cares about our struggles, and He wants us to know how very much He loves us. 
Letitia

No comments:

Post a Comment