Thursday, January 4, 2007

Too Much Fudge

Okay, I think I have now officially eaten my weight in peanut butter fudge.  If I don't hurry up and get it all eaten......Yes, I know.  Eating it quicker does not make me gain less weight, but hey, if I eat it quicker, that's quicker that my walking might actually do some good, instead of just trying to break even! 
I have actually been walking on the treadmill more consistantly this week.  It's not really a New Year's resolution.  I've been wanting to get started for a while, but have just now gotten going.  I have missed one or 2 days, but I've done pretty well.  I just have to keep remembering to do it.  That's my biggest obstacle--remembering, along with making time.  I am tempted to put a tv in there.  I have a beautiful wooded view, usually with lots of birds.  However, walking everyday, I can only do so much contemplating life at 2.4 miles per hour.  I guess I don't have that many thoughts!  For now, I will just keep praying and watching the birds.  But a little distraction every few days would be nice.  I am not a music lover--at least not so much that I would be relaxed and enjoying it while I walked that long.
I hope our health is on the mend.  It started with Daniella, who had a cold that she couldn't shake.  She got some better and felt better after a few days, but held onto a lot of stuffiness for about 2 weeks.  Then Briana had that weekend episode that she ran the 102 fever for a couple of days.  Once the fever broke, she was pretty much fine--a little stuffiness for a day or 2.  The week before Christmas, James started coughing really bad.  He was getting a little better, but the Friday before Christmas he relapsed, and has had a terrible cough.  I never could get him to go to the doctor, but he did lots of herbs and other remedies here.  I think he's about gotten over it.  That same day, Friday before Christmas, Ashley had to go to the dr.  She was having a horrible sore throat, which was only getting worse.  It had only been about 2 days, but seeing that the offices were about to close for the holidays, we took her in.  I'm so glad.  She had strep throat, and got a lot worse, before the antibiotic kicked in on Monday.  Briana has now been sick again for about a week.  We took her in to the dr. yesterday, and she is now on an antibiotic for a sinus infection and has had a horrid cough. It is amazing that the little girls and I have managed to avoid all of this so far.  I am so thankful, but praying steadily that it's not just all slowly making the rounds. 
I was very hesitant to start structured schoolwork back.  I was not looking forward to attitudes.  They have not been good.   We have a big issue with FUN.  "This is not FUN.  It's boring."  If it's not FUN, then we have a pouty attitude.  Guess who's attitude too quickly follows?  Yep!  Mine.  The real issue is having to stop playing to do anything.  However, we started back yesterday, and both days have been a delight.  We are relaxed homeschoolers to start with (which makes the FUN comments even more disheartening.), so we don't just sit at books all day.  I have changed my schedule from the one I started with in the fall.  We scraped the Prairie Primer, which if you recall, I predicted.  We are still reading the books, though, and are enjoying them.  There are still some things I want to work in and work out with our activities, but we are off to a good start.  Pray that it lasts.  I am really good at starts.  I am beginning to think that in my old age I get as bored as she does.
I am so unbelieveable behind in my scrapbooking.  That is one thing I would like to work out for myself this year--a somewhat consistant time to work on pictures.   I am not one of those amazing scrappers.  I can't afford to put one picture on a page with elaborate, creative work (even if I knew how to!).  And, I scrapbook a ton of pictures.  I can't stand to leave any out.  We take LOTS of pictures.  I am hoping when I do ever sit back down to it, I can come up with some more creative layouts.  I think part of my problem is that I, along with Ashley and Briana, have done most of our homeschool group's yearbook for the past several years.  By the time I get that done mid summer, my brain is fried, and I am sick of scrapbooking.  It is my hope that this year I will be able to spread out the work and have other families help with the pages.  I've tried a committee of the high schoolers, and that works okay, but still leaves me with actually more stress. 
Marissa and Daniella have been practicing a "puppet show" rendition of the Nutcracker for days now using Barbies.  I sing Nutcracker music in my sleep!   We are due to watch the actual performance.  I have left explicit instructions that the show is not to last as long as the music.  Ashley and Briana used to do those kind of shows, skits, and plays all the time.  Marissa saw a video the other night of them doing one, and that is what has encourged her to be creative.  It should be interesting. 
Letitia

No comments:

Post a Comment