Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Random Things

I typed an entry once this morning already, linking to a very funny video clip from a local theater.  I laughed at that clip so much I cried the first time.  After I typed the whole entry, I went to check to make sure my link worked, and they had removed the clip, because it had been used without permission of the theater.  Too bad.  It would have given you a good laugh for the day.
UPDATE:  My sister just sent me a link to her newspaper that has the video.  You've got to go see it.   The entertainer is a member of our church, and I've seen him do the routine on people we know.  It usually is really funny.   However, his routine is not the funny part this time.  Actually, by the time he gets to the routine, it's not even particularly funny after watching this other guy! 
http://appealtv.com/32_collierville_man_becomes_internet_celebrity 
Angie, Dawn, Annemarie, and I are supposed to brag today that we got a pre-issue of the winter TOS.  It's fun to have friends in high places!  : )  It looks really good as usual.  I hope to have time today to sit down and read it.
By the way, Jen, THANKS for the short conversation we had last night about school.  It has given me the courage to do what has always been in my heart to do with my sweet girl.  It's funny that I really never doubted my methods until I joined HSB.  I love all you guys(!), but the unintentional peer pressure was getting to me!  : )  I am so excited about all the ideas I have going around in my head, so this family will be doing some experimenting.  Some of it may even be science!
I am in a Bible study with all the ladies that I have mentioned on this blog today.  We have not met since Aug., but started back up last night.  We are studying the book of James this time.  It will be great.  Who doesn't love the book of James?  I have the first chapter memorized, though I've gotten a little rusty on the 2nd half.  (I need to practice.)  It is also great to spend time with these ladies.  This is the only consistant fellowships with other moms that I have right now. 
Our Africam addiction is dying down some, since we have seen such a variety of animals, but this morning we saw monkeys again, and this time there were 4 babies playing King of the Mountain.  It was a hoot.  Then we watched the monkeys and gazelle having a little "run-in".  Speaking of wild animals, Monday we got to go to a show called Silly Safaris.  It was here for part of Wilderness Wildlife Week in Pigeon Forge.  Jungle Jim is so funny.  It was standing room only, and he had kids and adults laughing.  This year we got to see a humongous bullfrog with teeth.  We watched it eat a mouse whole!  He also had a beautiful owl, a hedgehog, 2 Madacascar Hissing Cockroaches, a baby alligator, a huge rabbit (I forget where it was from), and a python.  After the shows, in the exhibits, we saw a huge bald eagle up close, and Marissa held a Pine snake.  Last year when my parents took the girls to this show, Marissa got to feed a dead mouse to a vulture up on stage.  I haven't been to their site yet, but it is www.sillysafaris.com, I believe.  We also watched a presentation from the Knoxville Zoo.  Marissa was so excited because she got to touch the pelt of a giraffe, along with his tail.  Back on the Africam subject--it is amazing to me the number of people who are addicted to it after we told them about--James' tile sub contractor, a little bit older lady from church, etc.   That lady emailed a friend in GA, and the GA lady will call her, and say, "Have you got it on?  Go look.  There are lions."   How fun.  God's creation is special, awesome, and inspiring. 
Hope you have a happy Wednesday, and God brings a smile to your heart, and laughter to your day.

Letitia

No comments:

Post a Comment