Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all of my blogger friends!!
Here are a few more snapshots of our Christmas that I had wanted to post earlier.

Here's the "gingerbread house" they made from Graham Crackers.  They had a fun time working on this together.

Our tree.  I love our tree.  We always have a real tree (sniff....ahhh!) with colored lights.  Most every year, each girl has gotten a new ornament.   I have a few on there that I especially like, too, that I've collected over the years.  This year at my grandmother's house I also found a couple of old ornaments that I remember from my childhood.  Those were so fun to have this year.  Nothing fancy, just memories. We also have quite a few handmade ornaments from Guatemala. 

This is a new ornament this year.  Back in the beginning of Dec., we watched the White House Christmas special on HGTV.  It was showing how they decorated the White House this year, including interviews with Laura Bush.  They showed this Carolina Snowflake that she had ordered 250 of for a tree.  I made the comment how much I liked it.  Much to my surprise, my husband went back and watched it (it was recorded), got the name of the store where they were sold, and ordered me one.  (It's the one on the left.)

The Carolina Snowflake is handmade in Spruce Pine, NC (www.homeoftheperfectchristmastree.org).  It is handwoven, reed dyed with crushed walnut hulls, henna/madder (and green commercial dye). 
Also, remember me saying that I saw a print in a local store with my blog verse, but the frame was beat up?  James went back and got it (on top of being marked down, it was also an additional 40% off, so he got it pretty inexpensive), took it to a friend who is a framer, and had it reframed for me.  He was just full of surprises this year!

"You will show me the path of life, in your presence is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.  Psalm 16:11"
(I didn't really feel sick, even though I looked it in that picture!  We'll chalk it up to a long week and bad lighting!)
My little girls with their new Felicity dolls.
We've had a pretty quiet week.  We still have some sickness going on.  My parents did get to come for Christmas for 2 days instead of 5, but we've had several taking turns with some awful stuff--but all different, it seems.  Briana is the one sick now.  Tonight we will just hang out here, play a board game, maybe make some cider.  I made a double enchilada casserole last night, so we will have the other one tonight. 
Wishing everyone a blessed and Happy New Year's Day.
Letitia

No comments:

Post a Comment