Friday, August 18, 2006

Random Information

I hope everyone had a great week.  Mine has been super, super busy.  Someone in our church passed away in a drowning, so my Monday and Tuesday were mostly spent with that situation. 
 On Thursday we went to Dolly's Splash Country.  This week local residents are allowed to go one time for free.  It was a really fun day, but also tiring.  And, yes, I do ride a lot of the slides!  Not the straight up and down ones, but the tube slides and raft slides.  They are tons of fun, even for an old mom!  However, climbing all those stairs to get to the top of the slides is not fun, and makes me feel like an old mom. 
  Maria tells me I should let everyone know that I am doing the "Tip of the Month" on the Company Porch for the next month.  My first tip was posted this past Monday.  Tia asked me last week if I would do it.  It was kind of funny, cause I really didn't know if I could come up with a month's worth of tips!  At least ones everyone else doesn't already know.  I'm the one usually devouring everyone else's. And, I was SO honored that out of all of the great bloggers on here, that she asked me to be one of the ones to post.   So go by the Company Porch and read about some more of the things my family does around here.  I'd love to hear your comments. 
   Last night was our local homeschool support group's registration night, and we were blessed to have Paul Suarez speak to our group.  A lot of the gang was there--Geoff, JenIG, Coie, Paulie, and Levi.  I hope I'm not leaving someone else out.  And, WHERE was our illustrious TOS leader??  At home babysitting!  I missed you Gena!! I haven't seen you in forever.  I also got to see Annemarie, Dawn, Maria, AmyBeth, and Vickie.
  I am so thankful that today is an at-home day.  I hope to spend some time on a sewing project with Marissa.  I also have some catching up to do around here since I've been gone all week. I've been ordering a few books I still needed, and I think that's all about done.  I do still need to do some more scheduling of my time.  I am re-reading The WholeHearted Child right now.  I really like that book.  It's full of so many great ideas.  I highly recommend it. 
  If I am going to accomplish any of these things today, I suppose I should get far away from the computer.  Last night at the meeting, Maria and I were talking about blogs, and someone said, "Oh, you are blogging."  Maria says, "Well, no, not right now.  Right now we're talking!"   I told them we did that occasionally, we only blogged the other 20 hours a day!  Well, not quite. 
   I hope all of you have a blessed weekend with your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment