Sunday, August 13, 2006

My New Laundry Room!

My sweet husband is adding on a new laundry room for me.  At present, any company has to squeeze through my little laundry area to go to the restroom.  Yuck.  On top of that, with clothes for 6 people and the fact that I hang dry a good many of our clothes, I get so claustrophobic in there.  And hangers falling everywhere drives me crazy. 
The new one is well on it's way.  He's built the new room on the other side of the bath, and has knocked the wall out in the bathroom for the doorway.  In place of where the washer and dryer are now, he will add in closet doors and shelves to be a pantry.  Yes!!!! I am excited about just that.  We buy a lot of foods in bulk, and they now stand stacked in the corner of my den.  In addition to the washer and dryer, the new laundry room will also have room for my freezer, extra frig, folding table, and laundry sink (actually that's his to wash paintbrushes in).  He also put in a back door so the dogs can come in that way instead of tracking their wet feet through the dining room.  So here's the before:

And this is the after so far.  This is the left side of the new room, with the door going outside, and half of the windows.  My freezer and frig will go on this wall to the left.

And, this is the right side of the room.  The small folding table and laundry baskets will go under the window, with the sink to the right. 

This past week, he actually got all the drywall up, and it is ready to be taped and "mudded".  We have a lot of running to do this week, and may finally go on vacation next week, so it may still be a while before it gets done.  I'll post pictures of the final product, though, whenever it's finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment