Friday, August 4, 2006

I Got a Turkey and a Cold

I started coming down with this cold (passed from my children) last Sunday, and I am still hanging on to it.  Yesterday I was in bed miserable with it.  Today seems like I will feel a little better, but it's all hung up in my throat this morning, so it is raw.

Last week we went bowling for James' birthday.  We only go bowling about once every two years or so.  I guess considering how little I go, I do pretty well.  I don't get gutter balls, so that's pretty good!   I can usually get a strike or two during a game.  Last week, first ball, I get a strike.  I told them that was it, I quit while I was ahead.  The 2nd game I got one on the 2nd frame and a bunch of spares the rest of the game.  Then on the last frame, I got 3 strikes in a row!!  That, my fellow non-bowlers, is technically called A Turkey!  I left their mouths hanging open. 

We are leaving tomorrow to go to Greenville, SC for 2 nights.  James' sister is going to be there for a wedding, and since it is only 2-3 hours from here, we're going over so we can visit with her on their free day.  She lives in CA, so the last time we saw her was 3 years ago at their dad's funeral.  It was nine years before that the last time we had seen her at their grandmother's funeral.  If I remember correctly, I think we have seen her 3 times in our 21 year marriage.  So, it will be nice to visit over something more joyful than a funeral.  My parents are coming to stay here to dog sit, and use their Dollywood season passes. 

We usually (always) take our "real" vacation in Aug. or Sept.  Many times we go to the beach, but sometimes do new places. In the last few years we've done Cape May, NJ, Philadelphia, Niagara Falls, and D.C.  This year we absolutely cannot decide what to do for a vacation.  See, I am a vacation planner.  I start trying to plan our late summer vacation in January.  But, this year we didn't know if James and Ashley were going on a mission trip to Guatemala in Aug., and for some reason, we just never planned what we would do, even when we could.  So we waited and waited.  We found out that the trip is not going to happen, but now no one can come up with anything.  It's like, "Yeah, we could do that."  But no one can really work up any enthusiasm about anything.  I really, really want to go somewhere, so we will just have to see where the destination ends up being.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Letitia

No comments:

Post a Comment