Friday, March 24, 2006

A New Table

I am soooo excited!!  I finally found a dining table like I have been searching for.  I have looked all over this town and the next.  I wanted one large enough to seat at least 8 comfortably when we added leaves in.  But, my problem was finding the style.  Everything that big is either formal or country.  I am somewhere in between.  Today I went back to the very first store I went to, and THERE IT WAS!  They had just gotten this new one in.  And, it was on SALE! 
In order to completely understand my excitement, you would have to visualize the current.......yuck.  We bought this one about 13 or 14 year ago, very cheaply.  We also bought a trend that I LOVED at the time.  If anything ever possesses you to consider buying a table with tiles, please recall this post.  Don't do it!  First, when you buy a table with burgundy tiles, because burgundy is THE color, consider that burgundy won't be THE color for long.  But, most of all, imagine---white grout lines, toddlers, small children, spilled juice, glue, glitter of all colors, more spilled juice, etc.  It all makes for a lovely gookey combination in those grout lines.  They are constantly gooey black, and we are constantly trying to clean them.  Add to that that the 2 person bench that it came with fell in years ago, and now I have 2 lovely blue folding chairs in it's place, and you can imagine why I am so thrilled that today God answered my prayers.  He really did. 
He cares about our wants, too.  I wanted so much to have a dining area that I wasn't so embarrassed by when I had people over.  I have asked him to help me be patient with it, to wait on His timing, and to lead me to the perfect one that we could afford if it was okay with Him that I get a new one.  That's just what He did. 
Now, time for more patience.  They said it may take until mid May to be delivered.  So, you girls coming to my house next week will have to endure my lovely tile table still.  I promise to clean the grout lines.
Tisha

No comments:

Post a Comment