Monday, February 7, 2011

There's Gonna Be a Wedding

....which is a line out of Brigadoon, the show where Troy proposed to Briana. I know many of you saw the details on Facebook, but I wanted to share them here, for those who didn't...and because it's on my mind and heart today.

Troy called James toward the end of Aug. 2010, and asked to meet with him, without Briana's knowledge. Of course, we felt sure what this meeting was about, and he did, indeed ask for our blessing to marry Briana. (I just love that!) The two and a half week wait until his chosen proposal date was excruciating! haha Especially considering I went to Briana's for the weekend just 3 days after his and James' meeting. Now we know where she gets her wonderful acting skills from! LOL!

Since the Playhouse stage is the first place he ever saw Briana~dancing in The Nutcracker~ the first place he got to really meet her~2 months later in rehearsals for Shenandoah~the place where they are both both actors and everyone loves them, and because Briana simply LOVED the musical Brigadoon, which they were about to open, Troy chose on-stage opening night to propose~Sept 9. Let's just say it was simply magical and entirely romantic, and WE GOT TO BE THERE! After the curtain call, the male lead of the play, got the audience's attention, and said a cast member had an announcement. Besides family, only he, the director, producer, the orchestra leader, and the sound guy knew what was coming. Troy pulled a bewildered Briana to the front of the stage, and began to talk. (I'm tearing up now!!) You could see the light dawning in everyone's eyes, as he began speaking to her about the first time he ever saw her being on this stage.



Proposed to by a man in a kilt! : ) I don't think this photo is big enough to see her crying, and all the facial expressions of the cast, but it was a very emotional time. I was crying, Ashley was crying, all of the women in the cast were crying, and everyone in the audience was cheering and clapping; Briana couldn't pull her hand away and quit crying. It took a minute for everyone to quieten down, so that he could actually ask!
My facebook album entitled The Proposal has the whole thing captured, and the changing facial expressions of the cast are priceless.

Don't ask anyone how I got through the show, waiting on this. I was a wreck. I leaned over at one point and told Ashley that I thought the woman sitting next to me thought I was on something. haha. I even told a complete stranger while we were standing in the bathroom line at intermission, because I thought I was going to explode if I didn't tell someone. LOL! Troy's mom and dad, aunt and uncle, and his sister, who flew in from TX, also got to be there. It was a wonderful night!

The wedding date is May 22, 2 years to the date of their first date.

I've never been a crier (except watching the reveal on Extreme Home Makeover!). When Briana started in shows at the Playhouse, I became a "Briana's shows crier. When they started dating, it started creeping in on me more. I am now officially a crier. I cry at everything....even videos online of complete strangers' weddings! LOL. Not a hurting crier; just a crier. : ) It's all good!


3 comments:

  1. If anyone can tell me why my font randomly changes sizes in the middle of a sentence, that would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I've also been meaning to ask when the wedding date was, but you answered that question. :) I don't know exactly when I became a crier, but I'm definitely one now, and yes, I cried while reading this. lol (And when we watch Extreme Home Makeover, the kids automatically toss a box of tissues my way!)

    I have no clue about the font; I never had that happen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect your font changes because you were copying and pasting and some hidden coding caused the issues. If you want to copy & paste from a document, copy it all into a Notepad document first(that removes the formatting), THEN paste into your blog entry.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete