Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Random Thoughts...Random Life

As I was pulling up my blog site, I glanced up, and James has a tab open which says, "Body replacement parts for FR". LOL. I wonder whose body parts he's considering replacing. Glad my initials aren't FR!

All of my living-at-home family...which has dwindled down to 4 now...went to Briana's on Thursday afternoon. She had a new show, Camp Rock, opening Sat. night. James took photos Thurs and Fri of dress rehearsals. Ashley drove over on Sat. morning to see the opening, so we got to enjoy all being together~ an event that is getting more rare. Everyone but me went home on Sun. I stayed and went with Briana to get her dress fitted on Monday. What fun! I so wish I could post pictures!! Not yet, though.

All of the wedding planning is coming great, and I think we're in a pretty good place with most of it, but I am starting to hit panic mode more often. : ) It seems like every time we cross a couple of things off the massive list, we have to add one or 2 more on. Most of the major things are taken care of; just a lot of little STUFF. If I remember correctly, we are at 13 1/2 weeks! The biggest obstacle left (pun not intended, but slightly appropriate!) is my dress!! Aaaacccckkkk!! I dread that SO VERY MUCH!! Not to mention I *hate* clothes shopping. I guess the other biggy is praying the bridesmaid dresses all fit. They are due to be in March 18th. Sizing them was a very big pain, and I will be relieved when I see that none of them are too small, because they are made to order, and can't be returned. I have had so much fun helping Briana, and she is so easy to get along with. She pretty much will just go with the flow. Only a few "have-to's", so far. : )

I am helping Marissa learn to cross stitch. She doesn't do a lot at one sitting, but she has stuck through several sittings so far. I'm surprised, because that doesn't seem like her. I hope she'll finish it. It's a picture of a horse head. And, go figure... I'm helping her try to learn shorthand. Wow. This was her request. I actually took a course in shorthand in college.....26 years ago. Let's just say it barely caught on, so it sure didn't stick. Today was our first lesson. It's almost like learning a foreign language...at least how to write in one.

We do not participate in a co-op, and Marissa was needing more social than just at church on Wed night, since she's an assistant leader in AWANA, not in a youth group. Getting together with a friend is so hit and miss, so I decided to try to do something about it that would make me stick to it. I started up a small teen/pre-teen group, and we are trying to meet once a month. Not everyone can participate every month, but we have a total of 7 girls, I think, ages 11-13. Mom's are included, too. We have as much fun as the girls. Right now, while it's still cold, we just get together at someone's home, eat, talk, they play games, laugh, and enjoy the company. I need to get busy planning one for the end of this month.

Okay. Enough random stuff. Nothing big or overly news worthy going on here; just the every day things of life that make us a family.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that everything's going so well with the wedding planning. I'll pray that you easily, effortlessly, and painlessly find the dress you're meant to wear! :)

    I think that's great that you started a group for Marissa. A local friend recently did the same thing. She says it's for boys and girls but the reality is that it's hard to find activities that they both enjoy. I briefly entertained the idea of starting a similar group for boys but quickly decided that that's *not* something I want to do right now! lol

    Did you ever find out about the body parts?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy wonderful life you have right now. I love the small girls group - great idea. What happens with the siblings of the girls during that time? Just moms and girls only? I miss the homeschool group scene.

    ReplyDelete