Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Comfort Zones

James got his new blog off the ground. If you didn't read it on Facebook, here is his entry on comfort zones.

www.getoutoftheboatblog.com/?p=6
(I don't know why this doesn't highlight, but if you copy and paste it, it will take you to the right place.)

I must say that I am super proud of him. James is not a writer. He has never liked to write; never wanted to write, and has always been a grammatical disaster! : ) About 2 1/2 years ago, during all of the changes he mentions, James came to me and said, "God wants me to write. I can't write. I don't know what to write." I said, "Just write. Take notes on your Bible study and write down verses that stand out to you and why. God will show you where to go from there." In that time, it has gone from that to writing 2-17 page papers on foundational theology, which God used to bring someone out of legalistic bondage, to this blog. He will be the first to tell you that God did the writing; he just typed. But, I am still proud of his willingness and obedience to step out of yet another comfort zone. His grammar is pretty good now, too! : )


Letitia


2 comments: