Friday, April 17, 2009

Relaxing....and Not

Well, actually, the "and not" came first.  I'm still struggling health wise, although, I did have a good day on Wednesday.  This morning was hectic packing everyone up for an overnight stay at my parents' house.  About 2:00, we made the 2 hour drive over.  I was stressed, extremely tired, and not feeling so well by the time we got here.  But, after getting in and eating some chocolate chip cookies my mom had just made : )  I started feeling more rested and less stressed.  Briana had to leave for a class about 45 min. after we came in (she just walked in the door as I'm typing : ) ).  So, while Ashley and my dad went for a walk, and James and my mom played Wii with Marissa and Daniella, I spent a good 1/2 hour in wonderful relaxation.  I layed out in the lounge chair on the dock on my mom and dad's lake.  I sat in the sun, listening to the wind in the trees, mourning doves, other birds singing their little hearts out, bumble bees, and geese honking.  The only other sounds were the occasional sound of a lawn mower way off in the distance, and the occasional sounds of the girls' laughter coming through the open window. 
Tomorrow at 1:00, a couple from our church is driving over, and James and I are meeting them for dessert.  At 2:00, the couple and I are meeting Ashley at the theater, and watching Briana in Shenandoah!  It was originally supposed to be a day trip for me and 2 other ladies, but one had to cancel.  We already had the tickets, so the trip got changed to all of this! 
After the show is over, all of us but Ashley will be headed back home.  Ashley is going to stay here with Briana until Wed. 
I'm so excited to go see Briana's show again.  This will be my 2nd time.  You just can't see it all in one show.  And, besides, when it's your daughter, you have to see it more than once.....okay.....I've got tickets to see another 2 times after this!  Maybe 4 times will be enough.  LOL. 
Wishing everyone as beautiful of a weekend as we are having here!

No comments:

Post a Comment