Tuesday, April 7, 2009

On the Road Again

I am at my parents' house again staying with Briana while they are out of town.  Since they live out in the "boonies" : )  we all feel more comfortable if she's not staying alone.  This has really been a different year for us.  Not only having our first child leave home, but it has put me on the road much more than normal.  Actually, I'm usually only over here about twice a year.  But, during this adventure, this is my 12th trip over here since July.  
   And, while I love coming to spend time with Briana, it was hard this time, because I had to miss the rest of my family being in the church musical last night.  I shouldn't have been so sad, because I saw it Sunday morning, but for some reason I grieved all day yesterday. 
   The musical was great.  James was one of 2 narrators, Ashley sang in the choir, and Ashley, Marissa, and Daniella were all in the praise dances.  Actually, Briana sang in it Sun. morning, but we had to get her back Sun. afternoon.  This was the little girls' first experience with the praise dance, and they both loved it.  They are the main reason I was so sad to miss it last night.  The Sunday morning "performance" by the choir and dance team, along with the message in word that our minister of music shared, was annointed.  It was an amazing morning. 
   Well, it 's really strange to be writing in April in Tennessee, and wathcing the snow out the window.  We have about 2 inches on the ground here.  I took some pictures of my mom's snow covered tulips, but don't have a way to share them right now.  Briana got up early and went to her 9:00 am show, only to get there and find out it was cancelled, since it was school matinees, and the schools are closed today. 
   Speaking of the shows, a couple of people left comments about the quality of the shows, and surprised it was such a big production.  Yes, they are.  This is a professional theater she is working in, and she is learning so much.....and having the time of her life.  It's so funny to hear the stories she has to tell.  I said that if the people in the audience only knew all the silly and crazy things happening on stage during the middle of the show...  : ) 
  I'll leave you with some spring thoughts on this cold, wintery, April morning. These were taken last week.
James having Bible study on the back deck with Marissa and Daniella.  Notice the colonial dress.  I just love homeschooling!

They dug out this old pool, filled it with water, and had fun soaking their feet and playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment