Saturday, December 27, 2008

Time to Start Packing

We had a wonderful Christmas celebration.   We did our advent throughout the previous couple of weeks ~ we had to double up, because we got a late start~, and the week before Christmas we did What God Wants For Christmas from Family Life, finishing up on Christmas Day.  Marissa and Daniella enjoy that, and Daniella had forgotten what the "surprise" was, so it was fun to see her open the last box.   My parents came on the 23rd, and we've just enjoyed a laid back time, for the most part.  Remember how I said I had done no  baking?  I made up for it.  Whew. 
   Now it's time to finish quickly cleaning it all up, wash all the clothes, and pack our bags.  Jan. 1, we're headed to Disney World!  What was I thinking?!  LOL.  The girls are major excited, and I think between Christmas and the trip, Marissa has been on overload!  Briana is going back late to her classes (she doesn't get any kind of grade or credit for them; "just" experience.) and going with us.  I haven't been able to get into it so far, but as I'm typing, I'm getting a little excited!  I know once all the work is done, and we're there, we'll have a great time.  We should have internet access at least part of the time, so I'll be checking in. 
   My newest entertainment is Facebook.  I really had no desire for one until Ashley started finding all of these old high school friends of mine!  I joined a couple of weeks ago, and it has been really neat to reconnect with so many people.  It's better and different than a class reunion, mainly because most of my friends were in different classes, not my own.  You also don't have to worry about what you're going to wear, or what your hair looks like!  LOL.    I'd have to say, more than old friends, I'm addicted to a game on there called PathWords....thanks to Maria.   That girl can find some words fast!  Last night I went to sleep spelling words in my mind's eye.  I can't catch her, though. 
   I'm off to do laundry, clean house, and start tackling what I can get packed.  We're taking our pop up and staying in Fort Wilderness Campground.....$43 a night right now, compared to their peak rate of $96 a night.  Can you believe it?  For a campsite!  It's actually cheaper than the off site campgrounds this time of year.  It's  a great campground,  and still cheaper than a motel, plus we don't have to eat out breakfast. This time of year, the park closes at 8:00 most nights, so we also just eat a late snack, then come back to the camper and eat a quick dinner~soup ready to heat up, sub sandwiches, fruit and veggies, etc.  That saves a ton of money and nutrition.  I'm really talking myself into being excited here!  Not about the food, just thinking about being there. 
  Alright.  I did say I needed to go get busy, didn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment