Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Angel Heard What?

When you read this, sing it to, "Angels We Have Heard on High."  As I lay down with Daniella tonight, she said, "I love this song!  Angels we have heard a lie.  Peeking in the joyous night."  It continued with an interesting combination of words that I couldn't even begin to remember!  LOL.  I love listening to little children misunderstand songs! : ) 
  When Ashley and Briana were little, one of them popped up during Silent Night, and asked what a "holy infantso" was.  They both thought it was an infantso. 
  One of them also thought, in We Wish You a Merry Christmas, that instead of having some figgy pudding, they were having piggy pudding. 
  In one of the verses of Deck the Halls, I can remember as a child, wondering who Don and Merry were....."Don we now our gay apparel."  And, "Follow me in merry measure."  (I thought it was "follow me AND Merry Measure.")
   Not a Christmas song, but in the song "El Shaddai", where it says, "I will praise and lift you high", Briana used to sing, "I will praise you in July."  I don't know what she thought she was supposed to do in the other 1 1 months. 
  There have been plenty more I'm sure, but my all time favorite misunderstood song line...(Okay.  I might be seriously injured for sharing this!)....When Ashley was 4 or 5, The Little Mermaid was her favorite movie.  Do you know the song, "Look at this stuff.  Isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think my collection complete?"  When it got to the part, "You want thingamabobs.  I've got 20!"  Ashley would confidently ring out, "You wanna peek at my bobs?  I've got 20!" 
Turning out all of the lights except for the Christmas tree, and gathering around the tree singing carols is one of our favorite traditions.  As soon as Briana gets here and settled we'll start belting out more songs~sometimes off key, sometimes the wrong words, and sometimes verses all out of order, but always with joy and fun and happy memories. 
  We had a great time watching Briana in the Nutcracker.  She did so well, and had audience members singling her out after the show during the meet and greet to tell her how they watched her, and how graceful she was, and what a beautiful dancer she is.  I got to attend 3 of the performances.  It was so fun.  We got back home last night, and today I have been working on some Christmas list stuff, and finishing the decorating that I didn't get to before we left. 
  Briana, my mom, and my dad are coming tomorrow afternoon.  Then Thurs. morning Ashley and Briana are going with them to Charlotte, N.C.  The girls and my mom are going to work again at the Operation Christmas Child Center.  Two years ago when they went, they checked boxes for inappropriate gifts.  We don't know yet what they will do this time.  After they get back, Briana will be home for 5 weeks!! 
   Yes, the sickness still continues.  I am, I think, finally starting to have some improvement.  I feel pretty sure I've had a sinus infection, but couldn't get to the dr.  I'm better, but not well just yet.  If it's not cleared out by Thurs., I'll go in.  I'm on day nine.  Sunday, Daniella got sick with it again.  This is now her 2nd round.  That makes 3 of them that have had it twice. 
"Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth."  Psalm 96:1
  

No comments:

Post a Comment