Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Cheer

Last week, Ashley, Briana, and my mom returned for their second year to work at the Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child distribution center in Charlotte, NC.   They worked 6 1/2 hours, and did most everything this time~took money out, checked the boxes for inappropriate items, added small toys to those that needed replacements or didn't have much to start with, and packed inspected boxes into crates.  They had a blast, and are already planning next year.




All 4 girls made a "gingerbread" house this week (It's technically a Graham Cracker house!). 

See the little candles that Briana added in the windows?


Back view.  Marissa added a string of outdoor lights.  : )

Friday night James and I went to the Deacon and Staff Christmas dinner, which was surprisingly fun. LOL.  I got to talk to some friends. 
Ashley's and Briana's praise dance team "performed", for lack of a better word, at church this morning to the song "Here With Us", and Daniella and Marissa have been asked, along with 2 other children, to sing with an adult quartet tonight.  Such a neat experience for them. 
As I type, I am listening to our Elvis Christmas CD.  : )  I grew up listening to Elvis, and although, I don't listen to his music now, the Christmas album is fun. (And, if you put on any of his other music, I could probably still sing right along with most all of it!  My dad was quite the fan!) 
I have done absolutely NO baking so far.  Actually, truth be told, Ashley probably usually does most of it.  I wonder what's wrong with her??!! : )  Gotta get her busy.  ..........Update:  I helped Marissa and Daniella bake, cut-out, and decorate sugar cookies this afternoon!
Tomorrow is a little last minute shopping for some stocking stuffers, and if the weather is good we will be going to Dollywood on Tuesday to see their Christmas shows and lights.  My mom and dad will be coming in on Tuesday, also.
I wish all of my friends here a wonderful, blessed, and merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment