Sunday, February 10, 2008

Are We Ready?

I sat down at the computer to share some of our week with you, but, honestly, it all seems very shallow at the moment.  I sat contemplating what to write, and I couldn't make myself write about going to vote and making valentines.  I'm sure I'll share some of those things soon, but tonight my heart is burdened for the presence of the Lord.  I've mentioned a couple of times here that our church is praying and seeking real revival.  I don't mean once a year revival meetings, where everyone gets their emotions stirred and are on fire for the Lord for a couple of weeks.  I mean God's presence come down on the church.  Life changing revival. 
   I've watched the changes start coming over the last few months~more people on their knees, raising their hands in praise and worship, singing and praising from the depths of their souls.  You can truly sense the Lord in those times of worship.  He's there, but you know there's more. 
   This morning, in a very moderate size, conservative Southern Baptist Church, we got only a glimpse of God~a shadow of what's to come.  It was an amazing morning.  During the midst of our worship, as the minister of music began to pray, a man from the choir stepped forward and began to pray.  This is a very quiet man; reserved and soft spoken.  This would be out of character of anyone to do in our church, but especially someone like him.  He began to pray~to pray very strongly, and you could sense the spirit, and through that prayer, God called the church to repentence.  People began pouring to the alter, praying, crying, and praising God, quietly, but audibly.  The man continued to pray aloud as God spoke through him for several minutes. 
   Some people have questioned our pastor today, and were upset about what happened~ "This is not what we do".  Tonight our pastor (whom I trust and know to be so sensitive to the spirit) said that he believes without a doubt that none of that was from the flesh,  and if he had had *any* thought that it was, he would have put a stop to it immediately. He believes that it was a message from the Lord, that the church better be paying attention, and that this is only a small glimpse of what is to come.  He said He knows this man well, and he knows this was not him talking, but the Lord.  I believe that, too, because the result was too powerful. 
  I can't describe to you my heart on this.  I feel blessed, I feel awed, and I feel a burden.  This afternoon my mind went to the Bible stories I have been reading to Marissa and Daniella the last few months.  We read about the Israelites, and how they could not stand to be in the presence of the Lord.  They were too afraid, and asked Moses to go do it for them and deliver His message.  Will we be too afraid?  Will we truly repent, and give ourselves completely and openly to the Lord.  Will we be able to stand in His presence without fear, or will people be too afraid to do things differently?  Will they be too afraid to open their hearts for a life changing encounter, and throw their hands up in praise? 
  I want to be ready.
   Revival begins in each heart.  Of course, as we go through each day, we are seeking God and praising Him; searching for Him in all situations, giving ourselves to Him.  I just don't think that most of us realize what God really wants to give us.  Our family has already had glimpses of God changing us, but I want all God wants to bless us with.
   I want to be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment