Monday, October 1, 2007

Fall Happenings

I was thinking this morning (I do that occasionally) that you really don't even have to be involved in very many outside activities for life to be full and busy.  I don't know how I kept up when my older girls were little.  Maybe because I only had two then.  We're having an active and good fall, though.
  Middle of this month---can you believe it is October?---we are going to Williamsburg and Jamestown for a few days.  We're very excited about this trip.  All of my girls love history, and Marissa is into the Colonial period for the last year or so.  Well, you can't go to Williamsburg without Colonial dresses, can you?  My girls can't!!  So, my mom and dad are here, and my mom is helping me make two Colonial tea dresses this week.  I sure hope we get close to finished this week before she has to go home.  Otherwise, I'll be on my own!!  Yikes.  I sometimes sew little projects, but it has been about 18 years since I've sewn any kind of outfit.  My mom sews a little.  This pattern is a pain, though.  Yesterday seemed to be a comedy of errors.  After I had basted the bodice together last night, I picked it up to see how it looked, and I had basted one side of it wrong side out.  That was the last straw.  I broke out into hysterical laughter.  My mom got so tickled at me laughing, and neither of us could stop laughing.  The tears were just pouring down my face.  One of our many problems, too, is that we didn't measure the bodice pieces before we cut the material, and it turns out little Daniella is quite long waisted, at least compared to this pattern.  She fit all the other measurements for a size 4, but her bodice length was more like a size 6. 
Saturday we hosted a cookout for Ashley and Briana and some of their friends.  Ashley's birthday was last Thursday, and Briana's is next Thursday, so this was their "party", although they requested no gifts.  It was just a fun time with their friends.  They talked, played some board games, sat by the campfire, roasted marshmallows, and we made homemade ice cream. 
I have some really neat blog friends.  Two, Heidi and Mary, have given me another award.

Thank you ladies, and thank you for the smiles your blogs give me!!  Lots of my friends make me smile, but I'd like to pass this on to Lisa.  She has an adorable family, and some great posts on her thoughts and analogies of seeing God in nature and events. 
Speaking of Lisa, I just won a contest she was having.  I won this cute little pumpkin jar.

Well, I'm off to tuck in the little girls, then hit the sewing machine. 
Letitia

No comments:

Post a Comment