Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Summer Fun

I had another entry started about some blog awards, and I will finish it soon, but I felt like I wanted to catch up on our life around here, since it has been so long since I posted.  However, as I sit here, I really can't remember past the last 2 days!  Kind of scary. 
Marissa and Daniella had a friend over last Friday.  She's a sweet, quiet little girl.  They both enjoy playing with her---she's half way between their ages.  For a short while, they got in the girls' new pool, but it wasn't as hot of a day, so the water was pretty chilly.  By the way, I didn't tell you all that I am now "the best mom in the world" for getting them this pool!  : )  

Over the weekend, I did some dejunking.  Last week, I had cleaned out our "school room" (Briana is the only one who studies there, but it holds all of our books and supplies.)  It had become a dumping ground.  I also rearranged some shelves and got some needed space for some things.  Saturday, I tackled toys.  A few I snuck out (!) and some they willingly let me pack up.  I was so proud of Marissa, too.  She LOVES stuffed animals.  But, she picked out a huge box full to pack up in the attic.  She's not quite ready to say get rid of most of them, so I'm giving her some breathing room and letting her store them. 
Monday my parents, sister, and 2 neices came to spend 2 nights.  My sister and neices live about 7-8 hours from here.  They wanted to go to Dollywood, and they have a "Come after 3:00, get in the next day free".  Our family and my parents have seasons passes.  We all spent 4:00-8:00 on Monday, and 10:00-8:00 Tuesday (actually I didn't go until noon, but the rest went at 10).  My neices are close in age to my little girls.  Marissa (mine) is 10, Alexa (neice) is 9, Daniella ( mine) is 6, and Julianna (neice) is 5.  They've had a great time spending a few days together.  Dollywood was SO HOT.  The lines weren't as long as I expected, though.  My sister and I got wiped out on the Slidewinder.  I got a huge wave directly in the face, that then went over my head (and around my face) into my sister's lap.  At least we were cooler then!  This is the slidewinder, but this is not us.  It is so fun.  It flies down the side of a mountain.  The Dizzy Disk is another of our favorites. 

We're going to the Scrapbook Superstore in a little while before they leave.  James is going to stay a little longer for lunch, and he and my dad are going to watch all the kiddos while my sister, mom, and I go to the store.
My big girls are gone this week.  They are both camp counselors at a Baptist youth camp this week.  More than likely they have 10-12 year olds.  They each are in charge of 6 campers for the week, and each co-teach 2 classes each day.  They give a morning devotional for their girls 3 days.  It's a 6:45 am-11:30 pm day for four days.  On Friday, the campers leave at noon, and they'll come home shortly after.  They will be wiped out!! : )  The is the first year Briana has ever been, but it's Ashley's 3rd.  Even though she's always so tired, she always feels blessed.  She has been able to spend some good quality time with some of the girls, talking about their relationship with the Lord.  I pray this year is going well for them both and that they are making an impact.  I'll be so happy to see them Friday.
Oh, me!  These 4 little girls have become delirious, I do believe.  The giggles have taken over, and they are silly, silly, silly. 
Update: We spent about 3 hours at the scrapbook store.  I was like a zombie the 2nd half.  I got some cute stuff though.  Now if I could only make time to scrapbook.   If you've never been in one of these Superstores, you've never been scrapbook shopping.  Everytime I'm in there I hear people walk in the door, and say, "Oh my word!"  This place is HUGE! 
Everyone is gone now, and Marissa and Daniella are in bed.   Tomorrow will be a quiet day--resting, doing some clean up from the last couple of days, and spending some good down-time with my little girls.  This is one of those days that I feel overwhelmed with thankfulness for my little family, for the conviction from God to keep my children at home with me where children belong, for a quiet and simple life, for my husband and his provision and dedication to this family and time he gives us, for all of my girls and their sweet spirits (most days!), and for the friendship we all have with each other.  Thank  you, Lord for these blessings and many others.
Letitia

No comments:

Post a Comment