Monday, May 28, 2007

Graduation Ceremony

  Congratulations Briana

The Smoky Mountain Home Education Association presents a great graduation ceremony.  In the words of the director of the ceremony, "This is not only a graduation ceremony, but a worship service." 
The parents of the graduates present them their diplomas, the graduate gives mom a rose, and they give you a chance to stop for a picture.  Parents and graduates may say something short if they choose. 

Bring your tissues!  It's an emotional evening.



Forty-one area graduates chose to participate in ceremony.
Briana gave the closing prayer for the ceremony.  She was also chosen to perform a ballet solo during the program.  She has on her ballet costume under that gown!  She has tights that can be slipped over the foot, so they're shoved up her gown.  : )  She kept her ballet shoes at her seat, so she did a quick change in her seat. 

My parents with all of their grandchildren.

Our family

My little sister and me.


I don't think I ever mentioned here that Briana was named to Who's Who Among American High School Students for 2007 based on her grades and high ACT score.  She has always worked so hard and diligently.  She taught herself to read at age 4, and has never stopped.   Ashley was in 2nd grade, and I would ask her a question about something we were talking about, and little Briana, who was sitting in the corner quietly playing dolls, would shoot her hand up, wanting to answer the question (correctly).  Most of all we're very proud of her heart and who she is.  She loves the Lord and loves her family and others.  Her highest goal is to walk in the will of the Lord.   I will end with the verse that Briana chose for her graduation invitations.
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way in which you should go.  I will counsel you with My eye upon you. "        Psalm 32:8

No comments:

Post a Comment