Monday, October 9, 2006

We Survived!

I think we survived all the birthdays and parties.  It started on the 22nd with Ashley's backyard cookout with some of her friends.
Here's the firering that I had been wanting that James was able to get done for the cookout.  He dug a big hole, then lined it with the beautiful rocks.  Those rocks are very expensive, but we were able to get them for free.  What a blessing.

    On the 27th was Ashley's actual birthday.  My parents came over, and we all went bowling (that was a lot of fun) and out to eat.  Seven days later was Briana's birthday.  My parents came back over (2 hour drive), and we went to Gatlinburg, walked around and went window shopping, used their Wacky Bear gift certificates (like a Build-a-Bear), and ate supper.  Two days later, she had a slumber party with 3 friends, plus Ashley and her.  We took them back to Gatlinburg.  We ate, walked down the strip, and went to play mini-golf.  Then back to the house for cake.  The next morning I fixed them homemade waffles, with fresh ground wheat. 

2 of our 4 Wacky Bears (technically one of them was a Wacky Moose!)


The Girls in Gatlinburg

In other news:  When Marissa and I were out a couple of weeks ago sitting on the deck swing reading, she spotted this little guy.

He's the caterpillar for the Banded Tussock Moth.


And, lastly, this is tired:

She fell asleep right there on the arm of the couch with 7 others of us standing right next to her talking and laughing.  I picked her up, took her upstairs, layed her in the bed fully dressed, and she never budged.  Not typical for her.  (And, you can see why I'm shopping for a new couch.)
   My big girls just got in from Bible study.  There are some interesting things brewing, so I"m going to get caught up.

Letitia


 

No comments:

Post a Comment