Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Celebration

Today is the 17th birthday of my beautiful daughter, Briana.  The self described Drama Queen of our home, it mostly applies to her enjoyment of acting, although a little of the other is present, too!  : )  Briana loves acting, singing, drawing, reading, writing, dancing (ballet, modern, etc.), piano (this is her 13th year), laughing and talking with her best friend and sister, Ashley, camping, and other family activities.  Briana usually just loves life.  From the very beginning she has been the bubbly one--bubbly and bouncy.  Sometimes I call her Tigger.  
    Briana is great at giving her Mama hugs for no reason at all.  I get lots of hugs just because we're standing in the same room together!  She has a very compassionate heart, and if I'm ever down or struggling, she is the one right there beside me with a hug or to just sit with me quietly. She's been that way since she was very little. 
    I am so proud of Briana's love for the Lord.  She gave her life to Him when she was very little, and has always followed Him.  She enjoys studying the Word, and hearing good sermons.  She is very strong in her feelings against sin-in her own life and that of others. 
   Briana has been a volunteer at an assisted living center for a few years now.  She has so much fun with those elderly people.  She is always coming in with a story and talking about how much they all laughed together.  She knows just how to talk to them and make them feel special, and how to laugh with them.  As someone who has no clue, I have such an admiration for that gift. 
   Please stop by and wish Briana a Happy Birthday!

                    I Love You, My Dear Briana !  
                           Blueberry Muffins! 

                            

(To understand Blueberry Muffins requires insider information!)

No comments:

Post a Comment