Monday, March 16, 2009

Countdown

Only 3 more days!!!!!!  until Briana's opening night for her first adult musical.  And, only 4 more days until I see her for the first time in 4 1/2 weeks.  I am so ready.  I've called her quite a bit the last week.  Email just wasn't enough.  We also have Skype, which is wonderful, because I can see her and talk to her on the computer for free.  Of course, I will only get to see her a few hours on Thurs. before the show, a short while after the show, and a few minutes the next morning before we are off to MS for James' scout reunion. 
  She's really getting excited, I think, about opening night, although she's got some long days ahead of her with tech and dress rehearsals.  I can't remember if I said here before, but she was given the dance solo to open the musical, which is totally, amazingly COOL!  LOL.  (can you tell I'm excited?)  She also does a smaller solo toward the end.  There has been just one catch this weekend......they put her in a hoop skirt!  It's kind of hard to do high kicks and dance in a hoop skirt. So, the choreographer is "working on it".  She said they may change her costume. 
   Ashley and I are on antibiotics since last Tues.  We never could kick the sinus junk.  This is the first time I've been to the dr. sick in 6 years.  I got sick with a sinus infection on the plane coming back from adopting Daniella.  We're doing much better....until today.  I'm still on the antibiotics, but I am sinusy again, scratchy throat, running a low grade fever again, and completely drained of all energy.  I guess I'm trying to get something viral on top of the other.  Ugh.  I've got to get some energy to pack!
  Ashley started her next 2 college courses (8 weeks courses) this week.  This term she is taking Missions and Theology.  She's going to be quite bogged down in reading I do believe.  At least it is interesting to her.  She made a 95 in college Biology last term.  I was so excited for her because science is not really her great interest, and the first week was overwhelming and HARD~lots of chemistry.  Once she got past that, though, she actually enjoyed studying deeper about the human body. 
  We're plugging away here on homeschooling.  I have hit a problem with Daniella in math that I don't know how to explain to her better, and she is not comprehending.  I'm going to let her Daddy have a shot at it tomorrow.  If she's not ready for it yet, we'll just move on and come back to it.  I could tell today that she was feeling down on herself because she couldn't understand.  She's good at math, and I am not going to hinder that.
  As you know, Ashley is on our church praise dance team.  They are dancing in the Easter production on Palm Sunday.  They let younger kids do 2 dances this time, though, so Marissa and Daniella are both doing praise dance this time as well.  They are really excited, and I'm very amazed that Marissa is enjoying it.  She's not typically the dancer type.  We just found out today that James is going to be the narrator.  If you'd told me 3 or 4 years ago that my husband would be narrating a production and acting in the VBS dramas, I would have laughed at you!  I guess once he danced in the Nutcracker a few times with his daughters it broke the ice for him.  LOL.
Here are a few pictures from our homeschool~
We studied Ben Franklin, and part of that was about his newspaper.  We took alphabet pasta, inverted it, painted it, then pressed it on to another paper.

 

The only problem was that the pasta soaked in the paint, and it was hard to keep them wet enough to get all the letters coated.  If you put too much paint on, it filled in the holes.  They thought it was fun, though.
Marissa's said, "Marissa loves her cat."


Marissa loves to take pictures of absolutely anything and everything~ the carpet, door knobs, stuffed animals, acorns,close ups of comforters, notebooks, you name it....to look through her pictures is quite humorous.  But, sometimes she captures some pretty cool pictures.  One day, I think she will have a really good eye and be quite a good photographer.  Here are just a few~






No comments:

Post a Comment