Monday, February 2, 2009

Moose Tracks, God is Good, Homeschooling is Good, Being a Mom is Good

Well, I'm sitting here eating Moose Tracks ice cream.....okay, for the SECOND time today.....and wondering what to type that would be of any interest.  I have been at my mom and dad's house for 8 days now, and will be here for another two.  I am here with Briana, and all of my other children are home.  James brought them over for 3 nights, and they left this morning.  It has been an interesting combination of really missing them all, and enjoying quiet time with Briana.  I know there are some of my blog friends who will think that is horrible, but......  Anyway, it was their choice to stay home so that they could go to AWANAS and Daniella to ballet.  We've had 2 pretty good snows while I've been here, and one of those I got to enjoy with Marissa and Daniella this morning.  They, James, my dad, and I had a snowball fight. 
It's the next morning now, and I am looking forward to a day of scrapbooking.  I have a table set up in the living room, and have been able to keep everything spread out all week.  I do have a burden today for some of my old friends.  One in particular the Lord put on my heart in Dec., and it is deep last night and this morning.  He calls himself a Christian, but lives a lifestyle of sin.  The thing is that he does seem to really love God, but his lifestyle is totally against scripture.  It's so sad to me.  Honestly, this was not a burden I wanted.  I told God that in Dec., and he very clearly said to me, "You are the only person in this world who is praying for him in this."  And, that settled that.  Somedays I don't know what to pray, like last night, but we have a Father who hears the cries of our hearts, even when those cries are not audible, understandable words.  And, so, I cry out for him, some days with words; some days with nothing but an aching heart.  And, then I see all of the old friends who don't seem to mind or find any problem with his lifestyle.  Some are quite supportive.  So, then, I have a burden for them last night and today, too.  I love my old friends, and it has been so fun and great to catch up with them on Facebook.  I am hopeful that a friendship that was "lost" for 20 years, can be renewed.  But, one thing I didn't expect was that being on FB would ignite the prayers.  Isn't God good?
So, as you can see, I've given you a break from Disney pictures.  LOL.  Unfortunately for you, there are more to come when I get back home.  : )  Just one more post, I promise!
Our homeschooling has been virtually non-existant since mid Dec!  I was gone all but 12 days during the month of Jan!  When I get home, I've got my work cut out for me, getting us back on some kind of schedule.  Isn't homeschooling great?  We can take the the time to do things our family needs and wants.  I am not one to worry about missing lessons.  There are lessons to be learned everywhere.  When I said "virtually non-existant", I was referring to sit down learning.  I, by no means, think we haven't learned.  We had great geography lessons while we traveled.  We also had great talks about orange groves, peanut and pine tree farms, photography, airplanes, pecan trees, human nature, health, physical science, grammar, and much more.  They also read, were read to, and played some thinking and observation games.  LOL.  This morning they learned some lessons as they were trying to keep the sled under control and from crashing over a little embankment while they were out sledding without their dad!  We're looking forward to digging back into our history lessons when I get settled in, as well as picking our read aloud back up.  
 Tonight I am going to watch Briana in her tap and modern classes. It just happened that parent week hit while I was here for part of the week.  Ballet and pointe got snowed out last night, and I was disappointed to miss it.  I think she was, too.  I have to leave before the next one.  It's been great to spend the week with her.
So, I'm off to my scrapbooking, and hope to accomplish a lot on it today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment