Monday, February 16, 2009

Around Our House

Well, it certainly has been a hectic couple of months around here.  Never many dull moments!  I went into Christmas a little befuddled.  My mind could not wrap itself around Christmas---no pun intended!  Maybe I should rephrase.  It certainly has been a hectic 8 1/2 months!!  We've had lots of changes and major events in that time.
  I think life is settling down...at least for a couple of weeks.  I'm thinking maybe I should cringe now that I've said that!  We left on New Year's Day to go to Disney for 14 days, then I was at home for 12 days (washing clothes, unpacking, and trying to get down Christmas decorations...all but the pitiful tree, which still stood in the corner, with ornaments dropping off of it.).  That's when I went to stay with Briana for 10 days.  I blogged part way through that very restful trip.  However, Tennessee decided to snow that week!  We had 3 or 4 snows and some ice, I think that week.  Nothing like KY, but enough to shut down TN!  All but 2 of Briana's classes got cancelled during that week, and I ended up having to stay an extra day because of ice on the interstate.  She and I had a nice, peaceful, restful week together, though. 
Fast forward one week, and those negative 5 wind chills turned into 70 degrees.  The girls have had the BEST time playing outside.  They ran, jumped, climbed, swang, rode scooters....all day long, every day.  They went to bed exhausted every night.  : )  I don't know if it was the warm Florida weather when we went to Disney that made them stir crazy or what, but they have had serious cabin fever.  I did sneak in a little school work, and we did some of our reading and history out on the deck, which we love.  Of course, now the cold air has settled back in, but it was a wonderful break. 
James went Sat. morning and brought Briana home for the weekend, so we've enjoyed having her here.  With today being a holiday, we get to keep her an extra day. My mom and dad took off to spend the long weekend at the beach. 
In about 30 min., Heidi will be calling me.  This will be the first time I've ever spoken to her "in person", and I'm so excited.  We barely missed meeting each other twice in Oct. and Jan.!  She is actually calling to interview me for an article on adoptions that will be in the summer issue of TOS.  I'm so excited!!  I just hope she can understand my southern drawl.  LOL! 
Tonight we're going to watch Fireproof, and, hopefully, just have a normal week this week!  This Sunday, I am looking forward to going to our Bible Fellowship group for the afternoon.  Between it not meeting most of the summer, and me being gone so much, I've only been once since May.  I really miss it. 
So, that's my very rambling blog entry.  Just stuff.  Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment