Monday, November 10, 2008

Coughing and Traveling

Hopefully not at the same time. 
Thank you for all of your encouragement.  James is much better, but not completely well yet.  He tires out easily, his ears are still stopped up, and he has a little cough.  Marissa never threw up again after those 2 times, and her fever is gone, but she has a dry cough that is horrible.  She is completely miserable with it.  It started on Sat., I think, and it is rough.  She and I have not slept more than 5 hours the last 2 nights.  I have tried every home remedy and over the counter medicine we could find for her at night, and she still just coughs.  I looked at the symptoms for whooping cough this morning, and I don't think that's what she has.  It's not that hard of a cough.  Just nagging.  I'm sure it's post nasal, but it is persistant and won't be tamed. 
We have tried apple cider vinegar mixed with honey and ginger (YUCK! but she took it like a trooper), she has a humidifier running next to her bed, a spoonful of honey, breathing steam with peppermint oil (works like a charm as long as she's breathing it, but she coughs immediately upon coming up for air), Breathe Right strips, Dimetapp, Robatussin, Vick's cough Suppressent (just at night so she can sleep), and Vick's vapor rub.  I think that's everything we've done.  Oh, and the first night I tried rubbing an accupressure point.  If anyone has any other ideas I would LOVE to hear them.  She is worn out. 
On a lighter note, Ashley and Briana have started a new blog together called Family Vacation Reviews.  You can visit it HERE.  They are having fun working on it.  Right now they are featuring Winterfest.  Definitely check that out for the holidays.  Add them to your favorites, then check in often for new places to visit.  They will also be having some guest bloggers, I believe. 
Say a prayer for us to get some sleep around here, and for little Marissa. 
Letitia

No comments:

Post a Comment