Tuesday, November 4, 2008

All Things Yuck

I have been MIA for a while because we went camping.  I'll share about it soon, but am too tired tonight.  We were delayed a day getting home because James was too sick to pull the camper (pop-up) home, and I have never pulled it, and that road was not the time to try.  We got in about noon, and I had to race to get Marissa somewhere by 2:00~race, because I had to still have a shower, and it's a 20 min. drive.  Anyway, James is never sick, but he got sicker and sicker as the week went on.  By Sunday he was extremely miserable.  He went to the dr. Monday afternoon after we got in, and has.......a sinus infection, a throat infection, a double ear infection, and a double eye infection.  Whew.  From Sunday afternoon to Monday afternoon his eyes got so swollen he could barely open them.  The dr. said his throat was so closed up that he could barely get air through or swallow.  And, one of his eardrums was on the verge of rupturing.  She said she was very surprised that we made it home.  She was surprised that the change in air pressure coming off of the mountains we were on did not cause it to burst.  He's on an antibiotic now, got a good long night sleep last night, and today was some better.  His throat was not as sore, and he didn't feel quite as rotten most of the day.  His eyes are a little better tonight, but he still has ear pain.  And, of course, you always feel worse as night comes on. 
So, in the meantime, on Sunday morning, Daniella got bumped in the mouth, and started screaming crying.  I looked in her mouth and one of her back teeth (still baby thankfully) has a huge black spot on it, and her gum is very swollen.  I knew it was probaby abscessed.  How can you be a good mom and let that happen!!??? LOL.   She complained a couple of weeks ago that her gum was hurting.  I looked at it, and it looked like she might be getting an ulcer.  She complained about it when she ate for several days, but then for about a week, at least, she said nothing.....until Sunday morning.  Ugh.  I called the dentist (during my mad rush to get a shower and get out the door), but they were closed, so she went in today.  By today her gums were horrendously swollen.  She's on 2 weeks of antibiotics, and then will have to have the tooth pulled.  (sigh)
Sooooo, in the meantime......(have you heard that somewhere before?)......Marissa went with us to the dentist today, then we ran a couple of errands.  We went to WalMart to have Daniella's perscription filled, but had to wait an hour.  I was so tired, I didn't not want to drive all the way home, then turn around and go all the way back, so we "window shopped" at WM.  About half way through, I could see Marissa going down.  She complained with a headache, and said it might be sinus since she was getting kind of dizzy.  I knew she was tired, too, plus none of us had had lunch, except they had a little applesauce, and it was 2:30.  I thought maybe she'd perk up once she ate.  We finally got the prescrip, and when we got to the car I gave her a banana, which she ate half of.  About a mile from home she started throwing up.......lots.  We got in and got her cleaned up, and she seemed fine, except for the headache and tiredness....oh, and the little detail of a 100.6 temp.  A little later she ate a piece of toast with fruit spread, one cookie, and drank some juice.  All was good with the stomach, and she held it down.  I was relieved and was thinking it was sinus drainage on an empty stomach that got to her earlier.  Or not.  At supper she drank a little coke that I got her to settle the stomach, and ate about 5 plain noodles.  They only stayed down about 5 min.  She's was up probably another hour with no more throwing up.  I'm praying that she'll sleep through the night, and also that we will fight off her having anything near as bad as James.  I've been pumping Vit. C, herbal drops for kids, and Collodial Silver into her.
So far, Ashley and I just have a stuffy sinusy headache, but not bad.  We're also, along with Daniella, taking lots of preventative, so I pray we can stay well.  Briana was also with us while we camped, so I hope she is remembering to take her vitamins.  I guess with Daniella on antibiotics anyway for her tooth infection, they might kill of any bacteria she might pick up from her Daddy.
Daniella had to skip ballet tonight, because I just did not have it in me to drive 30 min. to the studio.  James was originally supposed to take her, while I had a mom's night with 2 others, but I had to cancel that, too.   Contrary to how it may sound, I'm not complaining.  I would have felt horrible if I had been out eating and laughing while Marissa was here so sick.  There will be plenty of other times to chat and relax.  Poor Marissa was apologizing to me before she was even finished throwing up tonight, because it was all over the carpet.  As I was cleaning it, she said, "Being a mom is a lot of hard work, isn't it?"  So, I had the chance to tell her again that, yes, it's hard work, but I love it.  And, that even though I wouldn't choose to be cleaning that off the carpet, it was okay, and I didn't mind, because I love her and love being her mom. 
So, not all things are yuck. 
update Wed. morning~Marissa made it through the night without throwing up anymore, so I still don't think this is a stomach bug.  James felt queezy off and on in the early part of his.  However, she did wake up early with a 102.7 temp. 

No comments:

Post a Comment