Sunday, March 9, 2008

Visitors

A few weeks ago, we got together with some blog friends for the 2nd time~June (Momof5littlewomen).  We met here on blogger, and met in person for the first time exactly one year and 3 days before we got together this time.  The first time we traveled through her state, and this time they visited here.  These are a few of the kids~2 of mine had already left, one of hers is missing from the photo, and there's a friend who came with them.

These 4 hit it off really well.

We had an unexpected visitor this week. 

Tuesday afternoon, I was out in the back yard with Marissa and Daniella, and I kept hearing a popping noise, but I thought it was someone up the hill at the neighbor's house.  Ten or 15 min. later, Daniella walked past the end of the house, and yells, "Mama, there's a tree falling."  About the same time, Briana comes out of the house with the same message.  I go to look, and, yes indeed, a tree is falling.   And, until I could get a better look, there was about a 5 min. time period when I thought it or the one it was leaning on might fall on the house.  Thankfully, it didn't, but it was an interesting afternoon.  James was on his way home at the time, so he was able to cut it so it would fall the rest of the way.  Briana was in the house, watching out the window when it fell.  From inside it was hard to tell which way it was falling.  She came out, and said, "That was about the scariest thing I ever saw."  : )  Daniella had a ball playing up inside all of the tree tops.  You can't tell a lot from this picture, but this was a super, super tall tree.  We will have lots of campfire wood for the next year.
I also learned something new.  Don't ever let anyone tell you that a tree can't fall up hill.  This one did~roots and all. 
Briana and I went to Old Time Pottery on Friday, which is a huge warehouse type store with a little bit of everything.  I had a gift certificate, and I was able to find a vase for the mantle.  I was so excited.  I had been looking in pottery shops around here, and those things are $50-$100.  I found a neat one at Old Time Pottery for $9.95!!  I also used some Christmas money to get some new dishes there.  Enough of ours had broken that we were down to mismatched ones.  I got them at a great price, too.  I also came home with 3 baskets for organizing school books in the dining room, and Daniella's coloring books and crayons. 
Briana just ended her spring break from college, and Ashley starts hers tomorrow.  Sure would have been nice for them to be the same week.  Ashley is soooo looking forward to hers.  She's had a rough couple of weeks~nonstop studying, reading, testing taking, and paper writing. 
Please pray for this family.  They have had a very long, trying adoption experience, and have just faced another setback~one day before she was ready to get on the plane to bring her little girl home. 
Letitia
P.S.  This Tuesday I celebrate my 2 year blog anniversary!  I would have never thought I would have a blog, much less have anyone read it!  : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment