Friday, March 14, 2008

Funnyisms

Yesterday, I ate lunch out at the picnic table with Marissa and Daniella again.  It was beautiful, and we enjoyed listening to the birds and our conversation.  Now, to fully understand this conversation, you have to know that Daniella LOVES, LOVES, LOVES all kinds of animals.  She wants tons of all of them.  In her opinion there are never enough.  She also loves to watch Animal Planet, which we let her do occasionally, and for some reason, she is fascinated with the Crocodile Hunter.  So, as we finish up lunch, Daniella announces:
 "I think we ought to have a bunch of animals and have a zoo."  (Funny, I thought we did already!) 
I answered, "Maybe you should just be a zoo keeper when you grow up."
Daniella: "yeah, that would be good."
Me: "Maybe you could be the Crocodile Hunter."
Daniella, very matter-of-factly: "I used to want to be the Crocodile Hunter, but then I saw a crocodile."
LOL.  Yep.  That would tend to put a damper on it for me, too!
Marissa does not like math (probably the understatement of the decade).  She can do math, but she doesn't like it.  Yesterday morning, she pulled out her math book and dutifully started out, without any prompting whatsoever.  She was almost finished with her second page, when she looked up at me, with this honestly forlorn, distressed face, and in this little pitiful voice, said, "Mama, on these last two, (enter a voice of shock and unbelief) they expect me to do MATH."    After I giggled at her, she quickly corrected it to "hard math", but it was so funny and classic.  "How dare this math book want me to do MATH?"  And, she was just so honestly forlorn over these two problems. 
I'm off this afternoon to take them both shoe shopping~tennis, Sunday, sandals, AND flip flops!  Have a great weekend!
Letitia

No comments:

Post a Comment