Monday, December 10, 2007

It's Finally Beginning to Seem a Lot Like Christmas

The Homeschool Blog Awards end on Dec. 15th.  If you haven't voted for your favorite blogs, go HERE to vote. 
I was nominated for Best Homeschool Mom, and some of my friends were nominated for other categories.  Jonatha for Best New Homeschool Blog, and Ashley, who is the daughter of my friend Heidi, was nominated for Best Teen Gal Homeschool Blog.  Tia and AmyBeth ~Best Blog Design, and  Mary for Best Encourager, Best Live-What-You-Believe blog, AND Best Cyber Buddy.  If I left anyone out, I'm sorry, and let me know. 
We've had so much fun the past couple of days.  James, Ashley, Briana, Marissa, and Daniella are ALL in a Christmas Production at our church.  And, it IS a production.  This show compares to shows at Dollywood.  They have a professional set, which belongs to our music director personally.  He bought it from the church he had been with several years ago.  They are doing 4 performances~last night and Sunday night, then next Friday and Saturday.  It is a Broadway style musical set in the 1940's complete with neato costumes and swing dancing (yes, in a Baptist church!!).  I literally spend 2 hours each performance day curling Ashley's and Briana's hair.  Thankfully, Marissa and Daniella are dressed like boys for their biggest parts, so their hair just goes under a hat most of the time.  The show is so fun to perform and watch.  They're all still in bed this morning!!
James has been doing a study on electricity with Marissa and Daniella.  I am so glad for them, because he is very good with science and making it fun and interesting for them.  I'm not!  I found 2 of the Science in a Nutshell Kits, complete, at a used curriculum sale for only $10 each!
Yep, school in her PJs complete with her friends, and look at that snaggle tooth.  : )  "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth". 
Daniella's circuit~


Marissa has loved this study and walks around the house giving examples of things she's learned.
Marissa's circuit~


Electricity, a little daily math, cookie baking and decorating, dress rehearsals and performances, daily reading, some jigsaw puzzles and board games have pretty much made up our schooling for the past week.  Briana is finished with her college classes until mid January, and Ashley is in her last week, with 2 finals this week.  Her classes are 8 week courses, so she only takes 2 at a time.  I'm finally getting in the Christmas mood~maybe this show 2 nights in a row did it.  So, I'm really looking forward to the next 2 weeks!
Letitia

No comments:

Post a Comment