Thursday, December 6, 2007

Getting to Know You-Christmas

This has been passing around on email, and I thought I'd share it here.
1. Wrapping paper or gift  bags? definitely wrapping paper, much more fun
2. Real tree or  Artificial?   real tree of course (sniff.....ahhhh!)
3. When do you put up the tree?  usually the first weekend in December; we were earlier this year
4. When do you take the tree down?  when it starts to turn brown and the ornaments start falling off  :-)
5. Do  you like  eggnog?  no                                                
6. Favorite gift received as a child?  Hmmm...l don't really remember anything specific.  I remember one time getting little Dawn dolls, and my grandfather gave me this stage they could stand on, and it moved to make them look like they were moving around.   I remember a couple of other dolls, too.
7.  Do you have a nativity scene?    Oh,yes.   14 or so, plus a couple of nativity ornaments
8. Hardest person to buy  for?  My husband and my dad                    
9. Easiest person to buy for? Marissa
10. Mail or email  Christmas cards? mail
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? some suction cups with the little hangers on them
12. Favorite Christmas movie?  A Charlie Brown Christmas
13. When do you start shopping for  Christmas?   sometime in November
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?  I don't think so, but I've given a few to my mom
15. Favorite  thing to eat at Christmas?  Peanut butter fudge, divinity with nuts, boiled shrimp
16. Clear lights or  colored on the  tree? colored and blinking......although if I could have 2 trees (!) I'd love to have one with clear
17. Favorite Christmas song?  hmmm..hard to pick a favorite.  Tennessee Christmas, Angels We Have Heard On High,  O Little Town of Bethlehem, Winter Wonderland, Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire, Emmanuel........
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?   stay at home, sometimes we travel for New Years
19. Angel  on the tree top or a star?  angel          
20.  Open the presents Christmas Eve or  morning? presents from immediate family on Christmas Eve, "Santa" and stockings on Christmas morning (even though my girls all know, we pretend Santa), and grandparent gifts that afternoon
 21. Most annoying thing about this time of year?   hmmm.....traffic and the dark, sadness about the people who don't have a relationship with Christ and do all of this with no real purpose
22. Favorite ornament theme or  color?  our eclectic collection of memory-filled ornaments and  green, red, and gold~ garlands and ribbons
23. Favorite for Christmas  dinner?  ham
24. What do you want  for Christmas this year?  a wall fountain for my front porch or a new kitchen faucet, anything to fix up or decorate my house
MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE! 
Anyone can feel free to do this on your blog.
Letitia

No comments:

Post a Comment