Wednesday, April 4, 2007

The Easter Musical

I am still here.  I don't know why I haven't been on lately.  I would think about blogging, but just didn't have the motivation to get on here.  I guess it's mostly because I really didn't have anything to say.  That's amazing for me!!!  Also, this past week, I've actually had a couple of good books, and that's how I spent my free time.  Well....not that I still have much profound to say, but I at least have something to blog about. 
Our church had their Easter musical this past weekend--Sat., Sun., and Mon. nights.  My confession....I'm not a big choir musical person.   However, this one I really enjoyed.  I think that is due to the added elements this time.  It was not just song after song---maybe I'm a visual person and didn't know it.  The choir director also used narration, wordless drama, bits of a silent film of Jesus, and "worship enhancement".   : )  That is his word for the praise dance team.  Even though he, the pastor, the choir.....everyone that I heard, loved it and spoke of what a wonderful added worship it was, he refuses to use the word dance!  Monday night as he prayed for the performance, he prayed for the Lord to bless "the (slight pause and continues searching for each word) girls...as they....do their.....thing".  : ) 
Sunday night was the best, and the whole packed auditorium was in such a worshipful spirit.  You could just feel it.  The choir sang with an extra charged voice.  It was great. 
My little girls sat through all 3 nights just as still and attentive as they could be.  Last night Marissa called me back up to her room.  She sat crying, telling me what an effect the musical had on her heart.  She talked about being so sad, but so happy, at the sacrifice that Jesus made for her.  She said those were all things she knew before(and she's already asked Jesus into her life), but the musical just made her understand it more.  I think with her being a very visual person, the film and drama helped make it more real to her. 
Our oldest, Ashley, sang in the choir and (clears throat) "danced" in the last song.  She helped choreograph all of them.   Briana was in all of the dances, and James was one of the disciples. 

Briana is on the back row, third person from the right in this picture.

Briana

Ashley is on the front row, the 2nd from the right.  I never could get a good picture of Briana in this one.


Ashley-on the right- with her friends before the musical.
I also need to mention that Marissa and Daniella were in a Easter Children's musical the week before. 


Playing handbells.  Daniella is the itty bitty one in the yellow shirt, second from the left.  Marissa is in the pastel purple shirt.  They really did an amazing job.  Even little Daniella hit her note right on time without a cue from the teacher.  She was reading the notes on the flip chart!
We've had such a blessed time during these musicals,and the Lord is showing us so many things during this season of our life.  They are not always easy lessons.  In fact, some of them are quite difficult.  But He is faithfully teaching us and growing us. 
I will leave with one more picture that I just had to share.  Can you believe that in March all the trees were budded out.  That's not supposed to happen until at least  the end of April around here.  This picture was taken a couple of weeks ago in front of our peach tree.


Letitia

No comments:

Post a Comment