Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Muffins Anyone?

Yesterday Marissa and I made some of our favorite muffins.  She loves to cook, so I include her whenever I can.  These were  Banana Oatmeal Muffins.  They aren't quite as healthy because of the brown sugar.  You can substitute molasses for the brown sugar, but we didn't like them too much that way.  Here's the recipe.
Mix in large bowl:
1 Cup flour (we grind 2/3 cup of white wheat)
1 1/4 c oats
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Mix in a seperate bowl:
1/3 c oil
1/4 c raw honey (or 1/2 c sugar)
1/2 c brown sugar (can get by with less)
2 eggs, beaten
2 bananas, mashed
Mix bowl #1 with bowl #2 until all ingredients are moist.  Bake 20 min. at 400 degrees in greased or prepared tins.
I'm guessing most of you know this tip, but I'll include it anyway.  When your bananas start getting too ripe, peel them, stick them in a freezer bag, and freeze.  They pop out easily when you're ready to make muffins or bread.  They only have to sit out for a few minutes to be soft enough to mash, too. 
I'd love for you to share your favorite muffin recipe.  Let me know if you do. 
Letitia

No comments:

Post a Comment