Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Confessions of a Really Strange Addiction

Okay.  Here it is.  My hidden addiction.  I am addicted to cardboard boxes!  There.  I said it.  Now everyone knows.  I told Ashley and Briana a few days ago, and they got a good laugh at me.  You see, it absolutely kills me to throw away a good cardboard box.  It used to be little boxes--"Oh, I could wrap a gift in that."  Or, "I can mail a package in that one."  I have gotten a little better with the smaller ones, although I still whince to throw it in the garbage pile, and sometimes have to talk to myself to do so.  (If any of you know of a recycle center close to my house, let me know!!)  My problem now, is big boxes!    I know when it all started.  A little over 5 years ago,we bought a piece of property, and we thought we would be moving within the year.  So, I started breaking down boxes we would get in.  And, we get a LOT of boxes.  We buy cereal in  bulk, which comes in boxes, not to mention all the boxes that come when books or Christmas gifts are ordered.  Okay, so we didn't move that soon.  We didn't move the next year, or the next one.  In fact,  here we are right in the same place we were 5 years ago (and 15 years ago).  For the longest time I kept thinking, "Boy by the time we move, maybe I'll have a bunch!"  And, I do.  The only problem is I don't know if we'll ever move.  But, in the meantime, I've developed a weird, and very strong, attachment to boxes.  If it's a sturdy, clean, medium size box, I just absolutely cannot throw it away. Really, I can't.  I've tried.   If it has tears or BIG dents in it, I do relenquish it, although, very reluctantly.  Can an attic floor collapse from the weight of empty cardboard boxes????
Do you all have any strange addictions (or is it just me?  Please don't tell me it's just me! )
On a more normal front, we didn't have much "school" today.  I have decided to let Wed. be our craft/art day for the younger ones.  We will do Bible/devotions in the morning, and this morning we read, too, since Marissa is really into the book we're reading (Little House in the Big Woods). Otherwise, we will do different projects and art work.  Supposedly, I will have a little bit shorter day on Wed., but that didn't happen.  Today we painted t-shirts.  It started out kind of frustrating, because all of the fabric paint had dried up.  We did finally manage to get enough of it to work.  We didn't get finished yet, because of our slow start, and we need to go buy 2 more colors, but they are coming along great.  We had fun working on them. 
Also being Wed., I have the house to myself for about 2 hours every week.  Well, Ashley will be here most of the time, but at 19 she's not usually too roudy!  I'm off to do some scheduling.
Letitia

No comments:

Post a Comment