Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Fried Brain!!

Well, this last week has been quite eventful.  It all started last Wed. with the picnic that I posted about last time.  That was a spur of the moment decision to go to that.  Thursday, a friend had asked me to come help her for a couple of hours to set up the decorations and tablecloths for her daughter's wedding reception.  That couple of hours turned into 7 hours.  I got home at 11:15 pm.  The friend who was supposed to help her on Friday had an emergency, so I took her place--another 5 hours.  The wedding was on Saturday, and I stayed to help them undecorate--another 5 hours.  It was such a sweet wedding, and I did have a lot of fun helping my friend, but I *was* very tired. 
On Sunday, I didn't go to church because I stayed home with Ashley, but had to drive her back to camp Sunday afternoon, 45 min. each way.  On Monday I had an appt. in Knoxville and was gone about 3 1/2 hours. 
That was all the running.  But in between then, I had a very emotional day on Wednesday pertaining to my daughter's birthmother (everything is okay.  It was just very emotional.)  Ashley has been gone for 2 weeks to camp to be a counselor, except for Friday afternoon through Sunday afternoon.  Of course, I was gone most of the time she was here.  I have missed her so much, mostly because I don't get to talk to her at all.   She will be home on Friday afternoon. YAY!!!!!
Then, after years of Briana insisting that she has no desire to go to college, she announces Sunday afternoon that she has decided she does.  Now we are fine with that, but boy, that came out of nowhere, and suddenly, you have a LOT on your mind.  Researching colleges, researching those colleges' programs, deciding if she can go to the community college for a year first, researching scholarships, deciding how on earth I'm going to part with my baby girl !
And, FINALLY-  I think-  I have been working like crazy the last few days trying to finish our support group's yearbook.  I worked on that about 6 hours or so, just today.  It's almost done.  Another YAY!!!!!  Add to that the normal mind boggling things of everyday life, and boy, is my brain fried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment