Monday, May 8, 2006

I Bought Myself An American Girl Book

...and I might even let my children use it.  It is really cool, and would be great for scrapbooking, making cards, or even just letting your kids make some really neat pictures.  It's called paper punch art.  You can see it here.  Now I may be behind the times--I usually am--but I think this is so neat.  The book comes with 4 punches, which a lot of crafty people may already have, but the book has really cool ideas.  Along with a standard hole punch, it shows you how to use these 4 punches to create flowers, insects, animals, people, even a ferris wheel, and lots more.  As soon as I showed Marissa last night, she thought it was so cool, and immediately sat down and made a card (for me!).  I think this is going to be so fun to use in my scrapbooking.  Now if I could just find time to scrapbook more often.
    Speaking of time---spring is always such a hectic season.  Our older 2 girls are involved in music and ballet, and those come along with recitals and competitions.  I love to watch them perform, but everyone else--including church and the homeschool group-- have all of their end-of-the-year performances, award ceremonies, picnics, field days, and on and on.  I also have 2 children with spring birthdays just 3 weeks apart.  I have to concentrate very hard on not being overwhelmed at all that we "have" to do.  We have something every weekend except one between now and the first of July.  Some weekends have multiple things, plus there is a lot of running during the week. One of my lifesavers in this is Ashley. She is a great help by running to a lot of these places for me.  Briana is also going to be in the Jr. Miss Program this month.  It's based on scholastic, judges' interview, talent, physical fitness, and poise.  We have been busy, busy getting ready for that.  She has been hoping to do this since she was a little girl, so I'm glad she is getting the chance. 
    As much as I have loved watching them perform, I am thankful that so far, besides AWANA, the younger two are mostly interested in family things like camping, picnics, going to the park, and some homeschool field trips.  We would like for them to take some music lessons at some point, but they aren't ready for that yet. 
   There are lots of "interesting" things going on around here, but that is enough for now.  Suffice to say--there is never a dull moment at our house.  Hope everyone has a blessed week! 
   Be sure to say "hi" when you stop by!  

No comments:

Post a Comment