Wednesday, April 5, 2006

What a Gorgeous Day!

It was beautiful today.  I took Marissa and Daniella to the Pizza Hut field trip this morning.  That was kind of a waste as far as thinking it would be much of a field trip.  We had to be there at 10:00.  No behind the scenes look.  Basically, they took groups of 8 back and the kids dumped a container of cheese on top of an already prepared crust with tomato sauce.  And since that was all there was to it, they ate pizza at 10:30 in the morning!  It was okay for us though, because those 2 don't get a lot of interaction with other kids.  There were 4 families left hanging around talking, and the other three, who spend a lot of time together, invited us to go with them on an impromptu trip to the park.  So on top of all the other things going on this week, I decided to go.  I may regret it tomorrow when I have to drive, but I was so glad we went.  It was a gorgeous day-blue sky, perfect temperature.  The moms spread a couple of blankets out on the grass, and we ate our lunch that we stopped and got on the way to the park (because none of us wanted pizza at 10:30).  I had Nachos BellGrande.  Yum.  I don't get that too much because not everyone in my family likes Taco Bell.  We stayed at the park for 2 hours, and the kids had a blast.  I think the moms did, too.  I'm not going to know what to do if I keep getting to be so social.  Two days in a row with other homeschool moms.  I guess the neat part is that last night was about the older girls, and today was for the little ones.  
   After my short nap on the couch, Daniella and I went out on the porch swing and worked in a preschool workbook that she loves.  It was a little cool, so we covered up with a blanket, but it was still beautiful. 
   Tomorrow it's back to work, but we have some great memories from today (and something to journal about!).

No comments:

Post a Comment