Monday, April 3, 2006

Homeschool Talent Show~ A Crazy Week

  The homeschool talent show last Saturday was a lot of fun.  Maria did a great job organizing it, and I'm thankful she did this for our children.  Marissa sang "My Favorite Things".  I'm so amazed at how she gets right up there and sings in front of all those people (probably about 70 that day, and at least that many for her solo at church the week before) with no reservation.  Briana sang "Anthem" from the musical "Chess".  She was frustrated with her performance.  She was not only very nervous, but she was also still very congested from a cold she had last week.  I thought she did great once she got started.  She also played a piano/violin duet with another 16 year old homeschooler.  She was the piano part.  It was awesome!  I LOVE to hear Briana play the piano!  She has been taking lessons since she was five. 
  Marissa

Briana
Briana with Mom the "page turner".  We're
concentrating hard!

     Boy, is this going to be one crazy week!  Today I had to take Ashley for an  appointment about an hour's drive away.  Of course, after we finished we just had to go to the mall for lunch.  I got a new top from Christopher & Banks, too.  It was on sale, plus I had a $10 gift card.  Tomorrow I have a chiropractor appt, and we're having a "teen girls and their moms" party at our house tomorrow night.  Wednesday morning, I'm taking Marissa and Daniella on a field trip to Pizza Hut.  You know, that's one of those important life lesson field trips.  EVERYONE needs to know how to make a Pizza Hut pizza now don't they?  This will also call for a lesson on hydrogenated oil, saturated fat, etc!  Wed. afternoon Ashley has to go back to the same place for her 2nd of 3 appts., but her dad is taking her for me.  Thursday I have to take her back to the 3rd appt (that hour drive again).  Friday our homeschool group is having a used curriculum sale 10-2, and Briana has an eye dr. appt. at 3:00.  Saturday morning she takes the ACT, then we will leave and go straight to a birthday party.  This is all on top of the normal schedule.  Thankfully, I don't have to do the driving to piano lessons, ballet lessons, AWANA,etc.  Ashley and James do all of that while I'm cooking supper. 
    I do not like weeks like this.  Why is it that everything falls in the same week?   These 3 appts. had to be added in last minute. If I look at this schedule too much I get overwhelmed.   I am deliberately choosing not to look at the whole thing too much.  I am just asking God to give me what I need for each day. 
   On the good side, there are some fun things happening during it all.  I enjoy getting to take Marissa on some field trips, I hope to be able to sell some of these books I've got piled up, and I'm looking forward to the birthday party.  I may be comatose by the time I get there, but they can just stand me in the corner and feed me chips!  The party tomorrow night should be a hoot! 
   We have done some of these before, although there are some different girls and moms this time.  But, the moms have as much fun as the girls.  My girls always laugh and tease us saying that the girls can't even hear themselves talk over the moms laughing.  Isn't it great to have friends in the Lord that you can relax and share and laugh with?   After not having many friends around for a while, this year I am being blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment