Friday, June 11, 2010

Ashley's Magazine Article

Starting at this post, going back in time, these are entries that were on my old blog that I am copying over to this one.......
This is the first time I've been on since the changes, so I still have to sit and figure all of this out. I just wanted to mention and see if any of you had seen my daughter, Ashley's, article in the spring issue of The Old Schoolhouse. It is about being a camp counselor.
Ashley is deep into camp as we "speak". She has been there 3 weeks now, 9 to go. She gets to come home on the weekends (YAY!!), but we were out of town last weekend. I'm really ready to see her this afternoon!!
Her role at camp has changed DRAMATICALLY this year. In the past, she has been a counselor for a week. This year she is assistant program director on staff for 12 weeks! Those kids have long, long days. It has been great for her so far, and boy, is it stretching her out of her comfort zone in great ways. Ashley has always been quiet, reserved, not a leader, not a group person, and definitely not a public speaker. If she isn't cured of that by August, I don't know what will do it. haha. She was plunged to the front lines the very first week! Teaching seminars to the boys' counselors, who are teen guys, getting up on stage to announce the dramas and other announcements, as well as being in the drama.....the list just goes on. It hasn't been easy for her, but she knows it's all good! And, she's gradually getting more comfortable with it all, last I heard.
She doesn't get cell service out there, but at least she can get on facebook to send me message most nights. I know it's definitely time for her, but I still miss her. At least it hasn't been such a dramatic parting like Briana's was! : ) She's easing me into it! That's good for this mom!!
Find your spring TOS and check out her first published article!

No comments:

Post a Comment