Sunday, June 28, 2009

Trying Days With Joys Thrown In

Wow.  Where do I even start?  Last time I posted I was at my parents house on my birthday...June 15.  It is now June 28, and I have been back over here twice.  What a month....what a year. 
I did have a very good birthday cookout.  It only rained about 5 min., and we had fun.  It also gave us a chance to spend the afternoon with Troy and him with the whole family. 
Four and a half days after we got home from that visit, we went back to my parents'/ Briana's, which is a 2 hour drive.  James took pictures of Hairspray dress rehearsals (fun pictures coming soon!!) on Tues., and Wed. night.  Opening night was Thurs. night.  It was spectacular....and not just because my daughter was in it.  : )  On Wed., while Briana was in all day rehearsals, James and I went out and did some preleminary scouting for her an apt.  Mostly ruling some out based on location.   That is a little freaky.....finding my baby an apt. : )We were here that trip 3 nights.  My sister and 2 nieces from the other side of TN were also here visiting my parents, so we had a FULL house.  A 3 bedroom house with 11 people, 5 dogs, 2 cats, and an African Grey parrot.  Wow.  It was fun visiting, though.
We went back home Friday night.  Got home about 10:00!  Marissa stayed at my parents' to play with her cousins and stay to visit with her grandparents after they leave.  Well, the next night at 9:45, I hurriedly threw some things in the car, and unexpectedly set out once again to my parents' house, alone this time.  Marissa was running a high fever, had a sore throat, and was throwing up.  She needed her mama.  That was last night.  It was about 11:00 their time (midnight mine.....I changed time zones coming here)  when I got here, and she was back up and had just thrown up again.  It was  pretty long night, especially up until about 3:00 this morning.  She finally stopped throwing up then, but sleep was still fretful, since I was sleeping curled up in a living room chair.  Thankfully, I was able to take a nap today.  Marissa is doing better today, although still running a low grade temp.  I hope to be able to go home tomorrow afternoon (which will actually be today, I guess by the time I get this posted).  I guess she will still be staying here, which means James will still be making a trip to come back over here to pick her back up. 
I am currently still up because I am chapheroning Briana and Troy while they watch a movie. : )  Everyone else is in bed. 
I am hoping to make it home tomorrow because tomorrow....the 29th....James and I celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary.  I love him!!!  Our marriage gets so much better the further we go, and I am more in love with him than ever!
When I get back, guess what!  I will have 11 whole days to be at home before I come back.  Long story, but it's just a season.  I will be coming back alone again, and be here 9 days.  I think this season will slow down after Briana is in an apt. 
Okay.  I realized I didn't throw in the joys!  Spending time with Briana, spending time with Troy, spending time with my nieces,  a *wonderful* opening night for Briana (we laughed and had a ball), sitting beside the quiet lake in prayer and thought, seeing Briana so happy and doing what she loves, cleansing tears, good conversations and strengthening friendship with Ashley,  enjoying seeing Ashley prepare for all the exciting things coming up in her life and seeing her be blessed by people donating for her Kenya trip, a sweet time with Daniella before I had to leave last night, dancing to oldies in the car coming over here last night, and, yes, even holding Marissa's hair back and wiping her face down when she was sick last night.  The situation wasn't really a joy, but I felt so much love and pain for her.  I'm sure there are many others.  God has blessed me.
I also realized I didn't mention the greatest of the trying days, but that will have to wait for another post. 
I sure am hoping this movie is over soon!  : ) I'm not really chaperoning. Just up with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment