Thursday, April 3, 2008

Fellowship and Springtime

We've been enjoying both around here.  This past weekend was a busy time of fellowship!  Saturday morning, Ashley, Briana, and I went to a small outdoor wedding in the countryside.  It was a beautiful setting~in a field, surrounded my rolling hillsides and a stream.  While we were gone, James dropped Marissa off with a small group from church to see the show at the Miracle Theater.  We picked her back up, and headed to have dinner with Paul and Gena Suarez.   Betsy and her family were there, too.  We had a great time with them.  The Suarez children are so polite, and made mine feel right at home.   Little Susanna is a cutie pie.  I got to old her and put her to sleep!  : )  Gena is a good cook, too!  Betsy's family is great, too.   We got to hear some great adventure stories about her "daughter".  (You can see her on her current post, I think.)  Betsy and I (and Angie, too, I think) have some big plans in May.  We will be answering questions after a homeschool seminar at Johnson Bible College on Friday and Saturday.  I think it now involves a sleepover!
   Starting this last Sunday, James and I joined a once a month Bible study/prayer group.  They meet the last Sunday of the month.  There are about 5 couples, counting us, plus 3 single women.  They are a group of people from our church that really hunger for the Lord,  led by our Minister of Music and his wife.  James and I are the youngest in the group, and were so blessed to be asked to join them.  I forsee gleaning so much wisdom there.  They leave church, pick up sandwiches or something to take out to the house, eat, fellowship, then meet until time to leave for night services.  It was so great last Sunday.  I am also thankful to my sweet Ashley and Briana, who brought Marissa and Daniella home from church and watched over them all day so that we could go. 
   Now for some of our Spring enjoyment~~  you know I have to post pictures as often as I can get away with!
 


Marissa's new bike (her first non-hand-me-down bike).  It's about as hot pink as you can get!  She loves it.

Ashley made us some yummy spring sugar cookies.

Briana hard at work studying~and enjoying spring at the same time.

Amazingly, there are only a few stuffed animals in the strollers.  Normally they are piled high.  Maybe they are all already in the tents!

How about a big, slobbery smooch?




No comments:

Post a Comment