Monday, January 7, 2008

I'm Here!

Technically, I'm not HERE, at least in my normal here.  I'm somewhere else here~~~and I don't think I've had enough sleep!  LOL!  But, let me back up, since I haven't posted in a while.
We had a very nice, quiet Christmas.  It was just us this year.  Since we had all of the Christmas Post practices and productions, we didn't do our regular advent.  In stead the week before Christmas we did What God Wants For Christmas.  Each night you pull out a different piece of the nativity and read related scriptures, then read scriptures related to a "character" lesson.  On the last night you discover what God wants for Christmas~~YOU!  We also did our tradition of praying each night for the people we received Christmas cards from.  On Christmas Eve, after dinner, we let the girls open one gift, then went out looking at Christmas lights, which was fun.  Christmas Day we just enjoyed opening gifts and playing games and spending time together.  In fact that's how we spent most of the next few days!  On New Year's Eve Marissa and I went shopping.  We had not exchanged gifts from my parents yet, and I had a couple of things to pick up for them still, and Marissa needed some nicer tops to wear with skirts to church.  We found her a couple of great ones 1/2 price.  My parents came that day, and we had "Christmas" with them on New Year's Day.  They stayed until Thursday, and before they left my mom and I spent about 2 hours at the Scrapbook Superstore~~spent all of BOTH gift cards I had gotten for Christmas, PLUS the one I got for Mother's Day!!  : )   Dare I tell you that in addition to the $25 worth of gift cards, I also spent $25 cash that I had gotten too?   (sheepish grin)  In my defense, I haven't been scrapbook shopping in a lonnnng time!  Anyway, we all had a really great time last week. 
On Friday, I went with Ashley and Marissa to a wedding rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.  Ashley was a bridesmaid, and Marissa was the flower girl.  That was 5:30-8:30.  Ashley went with the bride, bridesmaids, and a few other of the bride's friends to spend the night in a cabin.  I took Marissa by Claire's and got a sparkly barrette for her to wear at the wedding, ran home and tucked her and Daniella in, then Briana and I went back to the church to help finish decorating the reception.  We got home at midnight.  That place was spectacular, though.  They transformed a low-ceiling, dark, old fellowship hall into a winter wonderland.  Saturday we had to be back at the church at 11:00 to dress for pictures.  The wedding was at 2:00, and we stayed a little while to help undecorate some of the reception area.  We got home at about 6:30.  As exhausted as I was, guess what!........We were leaving town the next morning, and I had not packed a thing!  Thankfully all the clothes were washed, at least. 
So, Sunday morning we got up and headed for Mississippi.  We're here visiting James' mother and will go and visit my grandmother in a nursing home about 20-30 min. from here.  Please pray for me.  I'm very, very tired, and.....well, let's just say that I need prayers for patience and love.  It's been a trying day today. 
The house is really quiet right now.  James is reading to Marissa.  I'm about to go read to Daniella, and Ashley and Briana are gone with my mother-in-law.......get this.....line dancing at the Senior Citizen Center!  We just found out today that she's been line dancing for about a year. 
I don't have very many photos to be able to share from here, but here are a couple from the wedding.



These are the centerpieces for the reception tables.  The daisies were glittered to look like frost. There were more diasies on the table, along with some glittery snowflakes.

The bride (Ashley's friend since they were ten), Lindsey and Jeremy.

We'll be homeThursday night.  I guess I'll go peek in on my little girls now, who are in bed, but don't seem to want to stop giggling.  I kind of hate to break it up.  Seems like good memories being made.  : )
Letitia

No comments:

Post a Comment